• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Christmas - what's your favourite...............

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
Film - Its a Wonderful Life, or, Miracle on 34th Street.

Song - A Fairytale of New York (The Pogues), or, I Believe in Father Christmas (Greg Lake).

alissafalco

Advertisement
Film-March of the Wooden Soldiers

Song- George Michael, last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away..( I don't know the name of the song)

Last edited:

Lucky

Film - A Christmas Story

Song - don't know the title but it starts out something like "chestnose roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your..." Wait, that can't be right. :oops:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
Song - don't know the title but it starts out something like "chestnose roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your..." Wait, that can't be right. :oops:
Its called The Christmas Song. The most popular version was sung by Nat King Cole.
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire,
Jack Frost nipping on your nose,

acishere

Film:
1. It's a Wonderful Life
2. Die Hard
3. Christmas Vacation

TV Specials:
1. A Charlie Brown Christmas
2. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
3. The Year Without A Santa Claus

Music:
1. The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
2. War Is Over by John Lennon
3. Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen

ajrwdwgirl

Film: White Christmas (I watch it about 5-6 times a season!)

Songs: Joy to the World, Hark the Herald Angels, and I am so Glad Each Christmas Eve (a Norwegian song).

OSUgirl77

Film: White Christmas

TV: Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas
Charlie Brown Christmas

Songs: White Christmas (Only when sung by Bing Crosby)
O Holy Night

networkpro

Film : Black and white version of Miracle on 34th street directed by George Seaton, with Maureen O'Hara, John Payne, Edmund Gwen

Music: Rob Halford's rendition of We Three Kings

FutureCEO

Movie: Love Actually (set around Christmas). If you really want a Christmas movie: Miracle on 34th and The Santa Clause

Music: Josh Groban, Wizzard – “I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day”, Slade – “Merry Xmas Everybody"

shuflemstr

I love Miracle on 34th Street

Favorite song: I LOVE Merry Christmas Mary by Paul Overstreet. I could never stop listening to that song

Nemo14

Film - a Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life
TV - Muppet's Family Christmas, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, and Emmet Otter's Jugband
Music - I love all the old traditional carols- it wouldn't be Christmas to me without them, and I also like Mary Did You Know?

eeyoremum

Movie - Mary and Joseph: a story of faith

TV - I watch all the sappy made for TV Christmas movies, my kids are grown but I loved The Santa Claus Brothers

Music:

I saw three ships - Sting
Christmas day - Dido
I believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake
Little drummer boy - Vienna Boys Choir
Do you see what I see
Anything by Trans Siberian Orchestra

new this year is a group called Straight No Chaser they do an amazing version of the 12 Days of Christmas

wdwfan4ver

Movies:
Christmas Story
It's a wonderful life
Miracle on 34th Street

Music:
Anything by Trans Siberian Orchestra
Anything from the Statler Brothers Christmas album Christmas Card.

Before someone asks me who the Statler Brothers are, they are a Legendary retired Country Music that is in the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Gospel Hall of Fame. The Statler Brothers won a lot Country Music awards backs in the 1970's and 1980's.

Last edited:

prberk

Film - a Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life
TV - Muppet's Family Christmas, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, and Emmet Otter's Jugband
Music - I love all the old traditional carols- it wouldn't be Christmas to me without them, and I also like Mary Did You Know?
What she said!

By the way, have you ever heard (the soundtrack) or seen, "John Denver and the Muppets Christmas Special"? I loved the soundtrack forever.

I also like Amy Grant's original A Christmas Album, especially "Tennessee Christmas." I also like Ricky Skaggs and the Whites' A Skaggs Family Christmas album AND DVD. It is beautiful and brilliantly performed. I also like Vince Gill's Christmas album, especially "Let There Be Peace on Earth."

Also, I like Arthur Fiedler's version of Anderson's "Sleigh Ride" and "A Christmas Festival."

And a few more very special ones:
"Paper Angels" by Jimmy Wayne -- very meaningful tribute to the Angel Tree program, by a former recipient.
"Little Toy Trains" by Roger Miller -- yes the same Roger Miller who did Disney's Robin Hood soundtrack -- a beautiful, simple Christmas song that you will love if you try it.
"Pretty Paper" by Willie Nelson -- really makes you think.

Of course, the best of all is still "Silent Night," best done on a guitar, as it was originally done (when the organ famously was broken on that fateful Christmas Eve service).

Top Bottom