Christmas Time @ WDW

curious

I cannot wait for this trip. I think about it often. I have started purchasing things for my trip already. Anyone who has been to Disney during Christmas what are some advisable items to purchase/bring during this time of year Any suggestions would be helpful:D

kennyj29

Curious

We always go during the first week of December. Most of the times the weather was warm and we wore shorts but the last trip was cold and luckily we had sweats also. Just make sure you pack for both. Unless you are willing to buy more clothes while you are down there. Secondly, make sure you do the Very Merry Christmas Party and go to the second parade. During the first parade mostly all the parents and young children go because the second parade is late. While that's going on we go through the park and enjoy the rides, etc.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

The weather is very unpredictable in December. Check weather websites and the Orlando paper before you go.

Somewhere I read a post that someone had had difficulty finding long pants in WDW. I think I would pack long pants, short sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, etc., then maybe 1 pair of shorts. I would rather buy shorts if it got really warm. That is better, IMHO, than freezing and not being able to find sweat pants.

Also--

bring a suitcase full of money.
:lol::lol:

Upvote 0

dox

Having been several times during this part of the year, the above advice is correct. Sometimes weather during the day is nice and warm and then it suddenly plummets at night. Besides the parade don't forget to enjoy all the christmas decorations not only in the parks but at each of the hotels, in particular the deluxe hotels. The GF really goes all out. Don't forget to bring extra film for the camera. ;) :xmas:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you want to send some things down ahead of time, you can send them to the hotel. You will need to add to the address label please hold for the ------ family arriving on ----. If you are going to be there at the beginning of the month, please keep in mind that the Official WDW Meet will be going on then. If you are interested in going, you can read about our plans so far on the Official Meet thread.

Pam

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
The weather is very unpredictable in December. Check weather websites and the Orlando paper before you go.

Yes I have to agree, this is the one time you have to pack a little of everything because even with a weather forecast, the weather can change unpredictably.
The past 3 years I have been there in December and while there were some cold nights, i have worn shorts in the day and even swam one or two days. But others are more conservatively and warmly dressed. In my eyes, being from Chicago, Florida is always warm to me.

Upvote 0

wiskband

I too go the first week in december every year. The weather issue is for real......you never can tell:confused: bring a both jackets and shorts etc. The mickeys christmas party is a must! This will really get you in the spirit of Xmas. Purchase those tickets ahead of time too they do get sold out. Also you should go to a party during a week night. Once there, check out dome of the shows and they offer a family picture dont rush to do that there tends to be a line early in the evening. We got a great pic with both mickey and minnie once you enter MK on the right side. This is truely one of the best times to go. Crowds are at a minimum but you feel as if you are there during the actually holiday, Have a great time maybe we'll se ya there.lol.:lol:

Upvote 0

Debbie

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes

Also--

bring a suitcase full of money.
:lol::lol:

:lol: :lol:

I've already alerted the girls who are coming with me this December (and who have never been to Disney before) to bring jeans, shorts, sweats and a jacket. I can wear jeans if it's in the 70's, but not in the 80's. The weather there can be like ours here, so we have to be ready for anything.
WDW in December is my most absolute favorite time to go and I want to two girls going with me to see how beautiful it is for they may never get there again.

Upvote 0

dongill

I am planning my families first stay at WDW for Dec 3-10. On the top of our lists of reasons is that we've heard that Disney goes all out during Christmas time. You mentioned Mickeys Christmas Party and on another thread I read something about a Candle-light processional.

Are these the same?

Apparently, both require additional tickets. Where do you get them from?

Is there a schedule of special Christmas stuff somewhere online? I would love to include these on our visit!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
You will be there for our Official WDWMagic Meet and Greet and you and your family are welcome to attend. The Candlelight Processional is held in Epcot and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is held at the Magic Kingdom. The MVMCP requires a special separate admission "hard ticket" to get into the event. The Processional is free. For the MVMCP they close the Magic Kingdom early and reopen it to party goers. They serve you hot chocolate and cookies and you get a free complimentory picture of your family. There is a christmas parade and fireworks. There are also many shows going on around the park. And don't forget the "Snow" on main street! We will be doing this as part of the Meet.

Pam

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Our family has been vacationing at WDW since 1988, but we made our first Christmas trip this past year. Wow! It was GREAT - the decorations are amazing, and the parks just had a special feel. Even my "oh, no, not Disney AGAIN?!?" husband enjoyed himself!:lol:

Upvote 0

dongill

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
You will be there for our Official WDWMagic Meet and Greet and you and your family are welcome to attend. The Candlelight Processional is held in Epcot and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is held at the Magic Kingdom. The MVMCP requires a special separate admission "hard ticket" to get into the event. The Processional is free. For the MVMCP they close the Magic Kingdom early and reopen it to party goers. They serve you hot chocolate and cookies and you get a free complimentory picture of your family. There is a christmas parade and fireworks. There are also many shows going on around the park. And don't forget the "Snow" on main street! We will be doing this as part of the Meet.

Pam

That sounds absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to tell my wife. Is the party a one-time thing? What day(s) does it happen? Is there a site listing the activities? I couldn't find anything at Disney. Where do you get the tickets?

As for the meet and greet...still up in the air.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom