Christmas Time at Disneyland

Rich T

Gasp! I love it!
I would actually love it too— If the Skyway still existed. To me it comes across as the Ghost of Disneyland Past blowing everyone a snowflake pitty kiss and Skywaying off into the sunset.

But I can see the plus side, too: Nice song choice. Well-produced. Nice to see the Skyway again. But how is it relevant for a potential paying customer today?

SuddenStorm

I would actually love it too— If the Skyway still existed. To me it comes across as the Ghost of Disneyland Past blowing everyone a snowflake pitty kiss and Skywaying off into the sunset.

But I can see the plus side, too: Nice song choice. Well-produced. Nice to see the Skyway again. But how is it relevant for a potential paying customer today?

Exactly. How incredibly strange to use an attraction that's been closed for 25 years as the focal point for a seasonal promotion.

Mickeyboof

@realBobChapek I didn’t realize you’d be stepping in to pick up the slack after cutting hours and positions of CMs!

Darkbeer1

>>In previous years, the European scenes of It’s a Small World Holiday at Disneyland have featured fresh pine and peppermint candy scents.

This holiday season Disneyland will introduce three new aromatic scents to the seasonal overlay of the venerable attraction:

• Cinnamon in the South America scenes
  • Coconut in the South Seas scenes
  • Cherry blossom in the Asia scenes<<

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Can I just express how much I hate the stupid new DL Christmas commercial which focuses on one attraction: THE SKYWAY?!? Are they trying to trick people into thinking Skyway’s back for Christmas? Was it directed by Annie Leibovitz? What the h-e-double hockey sticks is the point of it? It’s Stupid! It’s Instagram Wall level stupid!
To be fair its the same promotion they have used for the last couple of years (I believe since the 60th). So its no surprise they brought it back again this year.

Rich T

To be fair its the same promotion they have used for the last couple of years (I believe since the 60th). So its no surprise they brought it back again this year.
Ah—This is my first time seeing it. I cut the TV cord a while back, and I’ve been watching mostly ad-free streaming. But now this ad is invading my favorite Youtube channels! :D

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ah—This is my first time seeing it. I cut the TV cord a while back, and I’ve been watching mostly ad-free streaming. But now this ad is invading my favorite Youtube channels! :D
Yeah they've used a variation of the same snowflake from the Skyway bucket scene for a couple years now. You can do a search and find the ones from the last couple years, they all look pretty much the same.

Darkbeer1

So in today's Mail, two interesting things that wern't bills or Junk Mail.

First was a Postcard marked JURY SUMMONS, with a starting date of December 27th. Bah Humbug.

The other was an oversized Ivory Envelope, A Christmas Forever Stamp (50 cents worth) and an address on the back from Special Activities

Let me Quote from the Embossed Card Stock

>>The most magical time of the year is once again upon us.
The Disneyland Resort invites you to enjoy the sights and sounds of the
season as we present the 2019 Candlelight Ceremony.

Rich in holiday splendor, this dramatic live performance was created in 1958
by Walt Disney to show his gratitude to community leaders and friends.
This telling of the first Christmas features 600 choir members made up of
Disney Cast Members and guest community choirs, a symphony orchestra,
fanfare trumpeters, and a performance by a celebrity narrator.

We look forward to seeing you!<<

Since I already have an event at Knott's on December 7th, we will attend on December 8th. We were assigned the 7:45 PM showing.

And then the fine print. Non Transferable, valid for you plus one guest. Photo ID required, ParkHopper is part of the invite (day of event only). "Attendance by a public official will constitute acceptence of a reportable gift".

The choice of guest was easy, as I prefer not to go through a divorce.

Not the first time to attend, have done it many times as a peon (no reserved seat), a couple of times as a Media Guest, and another as an invited guest (through a CM friend), but this is the first as a VIP. Guess Disney wants to make sure I don't screw up spending all the money (and it will be large) they will be spending on the local 2020 election.

But it sure as heck beats a Jury Summons. (And I got Central Court in Santa Ana, not Fullerton's North Court, which I would have preferred.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

So in today's Mail, two interesting things that wern't bills or Junk Mail.

First was a Postcard marked JURY SUMMONS, with a starting date of December 27th. Bah Humbug.

The other was an oversized Ivory Envelope, A Christmas Forever Stamp (50 cents worth) and an address on the back from Special Activities

Let me Quote from the Embossed Card Stock

>>The most magical time of the year is once again upon us.
The Disneyland Resort invites you to enjoy the sights and sounds of the
season as we present the 2019 Candlelight Ceremony.

Rich in holiday splendor, this dramatic live performance was created in 1958
by Walt Disney to show his gratitude to community leaders and friends.
This telling of the first Christmas features 600 chior members made up of
Disney Cast Members and guest community chiors, a symphony orchestra,
fanfare trumpeters, and a performance by a celebrity narrator.

We look forward to seeing you!<<

Since I already have an event at Knott's on December 7th, we will attend on December 8th. We were assigned the 7:45 PM showing.

And then the fine print. Non Transferable, valid for you plus one guest. Photo ID required, ParkHopper is part of the invite (day of event only). "Attendance by a public official will constitute acceptence of a reportable gift".

The choice of guest was easy, as I prefer not to go through a divorce.

Not the first time to attend, have done it many times as a peon (no reserved seat), a couple of times as a Media Guest, and another as an invited guest (through a CM friend), but this is the first as a VIP. Guess Disney wants to make sure I don't screw up spending all the money (and it will be large) they will be spending on the local 2020 election.

But it sure as heck beats a Jury Summons. (And I got Central Court in Santa Ana, not Fullerton's North Court, which I would have preferred.
Attending the Candlelight Ceremony cancels out the Jury Duty. I just did the jury duty a few months ago. It changed a lot. Although you don't have a choice, it's better to be selected early rather than hope to not get picked at all because you'll be there a long time. The attorneys churn through the jury pool quite intensely. Jury selection is likely to continue into the second week. Maybe you don't want to be picked. Some advice:

1. The online things they tell you to say might not be relevant any more. Don't use them.
2. Pre-judgement and bias will help you get kicked off. So maybe show some bias without lying because the judge will consider that to be perjury. (I actually used it. I said I couldn't handle profanity and might pre-judge use of profanity. True, not outright lie. Funny that no one else used it.)
3. Any history or relatives or friends in police or law enforcement will hurt your chances of being selected (depends on case). (Many were kicked out due to this.)
4. Any medical profession will hurt (depends on criminal case). (Many were nurses or doctors so kicked out for this particular case.)

Anyways, you can always take me to the Candlelight Ceremony in case you need a fill-in.

TP2000

it really bugs me when places set up christmas stuff up early. like can we please have Halloween first. i get when november comes along its fair game. but come on man, its oct still.

I think Nordstrom is the only department store, or anything really, that still waits until the day after Thanksgiving to put up their Christmas decorations. The Nordstrom family has just refused to abandon that tradition, which is what all department stores used to do.

It's just so much classier that way. Swedes know class. :cool:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I think Nordstrom is the only department store, or anything really, that still waits until the day after Thanksgiving to put up their Christmas decorations. The Nordstrom family has just refused to abandon that tradition, which is what all department stores used to do.

It's just so much classier that way. Swedes know class. :cool:
Only place i am gonna shop from now on then. Very classy

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

>>In previous years, the European scenes of It’s a Small World Holiday at Disneyland have featured fresh pine and peppermint candy scents.

This holiday season Disneyland will introduce three new aromatic scents to the seasonal overlay of the venerable attraction:

• Cinnamon in the South America scenes
  • Coconut in the South Seas scenes
  • Cherry blossom in the Asia scenes<<

Should have made the America section smell like a McDonald's

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom