Christmas Time at Disneyland

smooch

This is awful show for a variety of reasons, regardless of when a parade is being filmed.

I agree I think it's silly to base a poor aesthetic choice of mixing the holidays on the time a parade is being filmed. If they could have October be just Halloween and then start transitioning to Christmas in November.

SuddenStorm

It snows in Canada during Halloween season... the roof always goes up early due to this timing... it’s not the end of the world. Lights are already up in MK also.

We're not in Canada.

In Southern California snow is associated with Christmas... And Christmas is the reason Disney puts snow on the roofs.

And, MK's poor creative choices should have no relevance or excuse any poor choices made in Disneyland.

Leave the snow off the roofs until November 1, and film the parade then.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
We're not in Canada.

In Southern California snow is associated with Christmas... And Christmas is the reason Disney puts snow on the roofs.

And, MK's poor creative choices should have no relevance or excuse any poor choices made in Disneyland.

Leave the snow off the roofs until November 1, and film the parade then.

there simply isn’t time anymore in the schedule between Halloween, parade filming, and full Christmas time decor package. It’s just the way it is.

mickEblu

Exactly, I know it doesn't snow in LA very often but other parts of the US and Canada do get snow starting in September/October.

Well I’m sure that’s why they re doing it....to be thematically consistent with Canada.

I know I know. It’s not what you said. However
my point is that it doesn’t feel like Christmas time here. You know, where the park is located? Not only are their Halloween decorations everywhere but it was like 90 degrees today.

SuddenStorm

Well I’m sure that’s why they re doing it....to be thematically consistent with Canada.

I know I know. It’s not what you said. However
my point is that it doesn’t feel like Christmas time here. You know, where the park is located? Not only are their Halloween decorations everywhere but it was like 90 degrees today.

It's like Walt said.... Sleeping Beauty Castle is a representation of the heart and soul of Canada.

But in all seriousness I'm surprised some marketing intern hasn't found a way to market the early castle snow as a Nightmare Before Christmas 'When holidays collide' overlay

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom