Christmas Taping Sunday! I'm in it!!

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Hey guys,

Long time no post from me. Guess what, yesterday we had our first rehearsal with Walt Disney Entertainment! It was amazing, all 400+ of us. We report to our school at 3:30 AM, then to the Magic Kingdom by 5:00. We have rehearsals until 7:00, when we are fed, then more until the taping at 9:00 for the opener. Then, we break for lunch, more rehearsals until finale taping at 2:00 or so and then a 4:00ish depart time. I'm so excited. Mariah Carey is the host and there is a false ending and lots of confetti and oh my god!

I am so excited. And best part of all, guess where my placement is? I'm on the forecourt stage, almost dead center! It's so amazing! I'll be right where Mariah sinks down I think. I am so happy guys. Come and see me on Sunday even though I won't be able to see/talk to any of you due to the amazingly tight restrictions Disney has placed on us in regards to behavior, etc.

I am so excited. I can't wait. - The WeirdOne :D

KentB3

WeirdOne said:
Hey guys,

Long time no post from me. Guess what, yesterday we had our first rehearsal with Walt Disney Entertainment! It was amazing, all 400+ of us. We report to our school at 3:30 AM, then to the Magic Kingdom by 5:00. We have rehearsals until 7:00, when we are fed, then more until the taping at 9:00 for the opener. Then, we break for lunch, more rehearsals until finale taping at 2:00 or so and then a 4:00ish depart time. I'm so excited. Mariah Carey is the host and there is a false ending and lots of confetti and oh my god!

I am so excited. And best part of all, guess where my placement is? I'm on the forecourt stage, almost dead center! It's so amazing! I'll be right where Mariah sinks down I think. I am so happy guys. Come and see me on Sunday even though I won't be able to see/talk to any of you due to the amazingly tight restrictions Disney has placed on us in regards to behavior, etc.

I am so excited. I can't wait. - The WeirdOne :D

WOW!!!!! :D :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :xmas: I never imagined we'd see a BIG star come out of this group! I can hardly believe this myself, especially since you're alongside a big singing star like Mariah Carey!!!!!

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS on getting in the parade show, and with your first performance for Walt Disney Entertainment! On an BTW, break a leg! :D :animwink:

WeirdOne

Original Poster
ISTCrew20 said:
This is for the WDW parade taping right? If Mariah is going to be there on Sunday, I'll be there aswell.

This is for the opening and closing musical numbers. I'm not sure what else they are having us do, but so far, we've only learned the cheoreography to the opening and closing numbers.

Look for me, I'm about 10 - 15 rows back from the front on the left side of the right castle stage (if you are in the audience) in between two girls. I'm in the row infront of where the adults start. There are very few men on the side I am on, so you shouldn't have that much trouble spotting me, should you be looking. I'll be right next to the center walkway on the stage. But, we'll see how Disney changes things around. Can't wait, now it's bed time or else I'll never wake up at 3:30 AM. - The WeirdOne :D

KentB3

Hey WeirdOne, when are you going to tell us about the parade opening number taping, and how it went? It's Thursday already, and we haven't heard back from you. I can't wait to hear about it! :D :sohappy: :sohappy:

Figment1986

hey... how have you been.. Havn't seen you much.....

How did it go... did you get anyone to tape any of it from afar?? photos??

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Okay,

So, I admit. I don't check the site often (I'm far too busy and it's killing me). So, here's what happen.

5 A.M. - we get there.
5:15 A.M. - orientation in Timekeeper...very boring.
5:30 A.M. - rehearsal starts behind castle, we are positioned accordingly.
6:00 A.M. - still waiting for rehearsals to start behind castle.
6:30 A.M. - first rehearsals (minus Mariah).
7:00 A.M. - first rehearsals with Disney dancers (minus Mariah).
8:00 A.M. - after a million rehearsals Mariah shows up (most ugly dress EVER!)
8:30 A.M. - rehearsals are wrapping up, first 'bought' fans show up.
9:00 A.M. - breakfast and costumes!
9:30 A.M. - taping time! (3 takes!)
10:00 A.M. - still taping.
10:30 A.M. - still taping.
11:00 A.M. - I think we finished about here.
11:30 A.M. - uh, I think we sat around on the forecourt getting instructions
12:00 P.M. - lunch!
1:30 P.M. - back to taping the finale.
2:00 P.M. - still taping.
2:30 P.M. - character break, we played games.
3:00 P.M. - taping wraps up.
3:15 P.M. - Disney kicks us out.
4:15 P.M. - return home.

How's that for a nice Trip Report?! It was buckets and buckets of fun despite bad food, delays from Mariah, and countless problems. It was a hit and I even caught a glimpse of the camera on me. The guy was standing literally about 3 feet from me. I was about 10 feet from Mariah, got to pick up and carry around Timon and hug and play with so many cool people. I loved it. - The WeirdOne :D

OliveMcFly

WeirdOne - I am so excited. And best part of all, guess where my placement is? I'm on the forecourt stage, almost dead center!
What do you look like? I'll have to look for you.

I was there too. I went because I heard Kim Locke was going to be there. We were running late and didn't get to MK until 12:00. I asked a cast member who is here and she said Mariah Carey. I look her in amazement and said "you're kidding?" She said she will be performing in about 30 minutes. I ran over to the castle stage and waited...watching all the lucky green wristbanders taking their places. I asked a cast member if I could get in. She said I had to have a green wristband. Grr! 2 minutes later she says to me "the gates open, if you want in come in now". So I grabbed my sister-in-law and we went in. I was in the 3rd row to the left on center stage. When Mariah came out I cried because I have been a huge fan for 14 years. There was also a camera man with his camera in my face taping me, so y'all look for me. I might look pretty dumb though but, oh well. I had such a great time. The taping was fun and it really was the best memory from my trip.

twirl2378

Hey WeirdOne,

So were you chosen from a local dance studio or are you working for Disney? :veryconfu Post a picture please so I can keep a look out for you when I watch the show. Congratulations on the performance!! :sohappy:

dadsinglelookin

was there and heard diane d from american idol and was in the audience for the show. she sang with the princess on the castle stage and then got on the carriages.

Gregory

BrerWolf said:
what show will you be on?? did I miss something???:dazzle:

On Christmas day, I believe he'll be in the parade (they pretape it)

I was right behind the BaHa Men a few years back, and got to meet them an everything... It was pretty cool getting to see yourself on TV on christmas.. It was weird, though... It was early December when it was taped, but the segment didn't air until Christmas.. So, when they were taping it, there was christmas music all over, but it didn't feel too christmas-y.. But, it was really fun :)

EDIT... Heres a picture of Mariah...
Mariah Carey.PNG

WeirdOne

Original Poster
I'll post a picture of myself when the taping gets closer. I need to find a good one.

twirl2378 said:
Hey WeirdOne,

So were you chosen from a local dance studio or are you working for Disney? :veryconfu Post a picture please so I can keep a look out for you when I watch the show. Congratulations on the performance!! :sohappy:

Nope, I was chosen from a local high school choir group. Our school did the taping with Mariah...our dance team, chorus, and band. Not everyone went, we were chosen based on performance quality by Disney. It was loads of fun. - The WeirdOne :D

tigger248

WeirdOne said:
Nope, I was chosen from a local high school choir group. Our school did the taping with Mariah...our dance team, chorus, and band. Not everyone went, we were chosen based on performance quality by Disney. It was loads of fun. - The WeirdOne :D

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom