Christmas Special Taping Nov. 7-10 2019

MickeyMouse10

I wish they didn't have so many Disney Channel caliber singers. They are so overly sweet they make my teeth ache. I'd much rather hear Country singers with talent. Who don't need to lip sync with the same generic machine music that Brittney Spears used, back when she was hot.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I wish they didn't have so many Disney Channel caliber singers. They are so overly sweet they make my teeth ache. I'd much rather hear Country singers with talent. Who don't need to lip sync with the same generic machine music that Brittney Spears used, back when she was hot.

The Christmas parade show, now more performances than parade, is purely a marketing vehicle for the parks, the channels, and the other products of the Disney Company.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Take one Christmas Day Parade that was excellent and done live for years, with top-notch entertainers and singers. Remove the live element. Remove the top-notch entertainers and singers. Turn it into a 90 minute infomercial. Then add 2-3 more "specials", because if one Christmas parade is good, then 3 Christmas specials are better (According to Iger/Chapek-logic), further watering down the "talent" used. Then, wonder why people don't tune in like they used to. Maybe because IT'S NOT SPECIAL ANYMORE???

I'll give them getting Sting to perform (the singer, not the wrestler ;) ). Nostalgia sells, remember. The rest... :bored::facepalm:

ToTBellHop

Sat down with a cup of coffee on my day off and opened this forum to get my Disney fix for the day, and the first thing I see is a political discussion. I am SO SICK of politics invading every aspect of my life! There are threads where you can express your political beliefs if you must. I’m not on this site for that and purposely avoid those threads.
Make the best decisions you can for yourself and your family, BE KIND, be sympathetic, be empathetic, be a responsible citizen. Have a magical day!
What on earth does that have to do with this thread?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom