Christmas Parade 2009?

DisneyLeo18

Original Poster
Hello all :wave:

So this is the first time I will be in WDW during the parade taping (I read it is 12/5). And I have a few quick questions if anyone can help out.

What time do they do the taping? I read on another thread you need to register to be there during the parade. Is just Main Street shut down and you can walk around the rest of the park?

Sorry if these are dumb questions I'm just a little confused. Also I dont even plan on being at MK this day but my parents are so I want to try to help them out as much as I can.

Thanks in advance :wave:

RiversideBunny

We were there last year.
You don't need a ticket to see the filming. Just some patience; it's boring after a while. They run one float or group at a time down Main Street.
People are able to walk by on Main Street because they keep lanes open on the sidewalk. If you want to stop and view the filming then you have to step into a roped off area.

The rest of the park is open.
Most people watched for a while and then moved on.

:xmas:

Mystic

Parade taping will take place over 3 days this year. Dec 3 - 5 with the bulk of the taping taking place on Saturday Dec 5. They will be taping smaller things on the other two days. On Saturday, you won't have easy access to Main Street, they will have an accessible walkway open behind Main Street to allow guests access to the rest of the park.

DisneyLeo18

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info everyone! :wave:

Does anyone know what time they normally do this? Early morning or afternoon?

Mystic

You can expect the major taping on Saturday to run for about 8 hours from around 9am to around 5pm. Not sure about the other days. We tend to avoid MK on Saturday so as to avoid the whole parade taping mess. We may hit it later in the evening. We'll be there on the Thursday doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour but other than that, I don't really have any time planned in MK, except possibly some time on Saturday night, until Sunday when we're there for the party.

DisneyLeo18

Original Poster
Thanks!

I don't plan to head to MK until later that night either for the same reason. Although my parents (mainly my mom) are interested in seeing this so I'm trying to find out for them. Shes not as computer or WDW savvy as I am. :lol:

:xmas:

Mystic

If she wants to be part of the parade taping, she'll be in it for the long haul. It's an all day thing. They want to make sure that they have the same people in the shots all the time so that if they flip to the same area later in the parade, there isn't a different person there.

mjc1984

just read on wikipedia that regis and kelly will be hosting this yer's parade again and kris allan from american idol will be preforming don't know who else will be there hopefully more names will come out soon.

RiversideBunny

Last year Regis and Kelly were sitting on a stand at the end of Main Street facing the railroad station.

The 'parade' was being filmed in segments. They would run one float or one dancing group, etc, down Main Street at a time, with long pauses in between.

We watched for a while from a roped off area near Casey's Corner.
Then we left and went on to other things. Most people did the same.

Later that day, Hannah Montanna was doing a show in front of the castle that was being filmed. Couldn't get close but got a shot of her with a telephoto lens. There were big camera lifts and lights and things all around the front. It was done for the filming of it and not really for guests in the park that day.

It's worth seeing the parade filming, for a while, if you haven't seen it before.

:xmas::xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom