Christmas Eve Dining at Epcot?

Squigglove

Original Poster
I'm reading that there are extra feasts at Epcot for Christmas, but what I'm not reading is whether you need to use reservations/dining plan for it. Can anyone clarify? For example, I'm sure my husband would be interested in the Caribbean Three Kings Feast at the World Showcase Plaza and I'd want the American Feast at the American Pavilion. How does it work?
Thank you much!!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm reading that there are extra feasts at Epcot for Christmas, but what I'm not reading is whether you need to use reservations/dining plan for it. Can anyone clarify? For example, I'm sure my husband would be interested in the Caribbean Three Kings Feast at the World Showcase Plaza and I'd want the American Feast at the American Pavilion. How does it work?
Thank you much!!

Its a snack shack, or take-away in other vernacular. You walk up, order, pay, and then find a place to sit. Its small bites, not a belly filling smorgasbord.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It's not really a "feast" in the sense of "a big meal." It's a cart / stand that represents "The Feast of the Three Kings." It's not a proper meal.

jgj123

The Disney Food Blog site has a write-up about the 2016 Holidays Around the World food offerings. Some of the items appear to be similar to meal-sized offerings (maybe on the small size) and certainly more than just snack sized bites.

Squigglove

Original Poster
The Disney Food Blog site has a write-up about the 2016 Holidays Around the World food offerings. Some of the items appear to be similar to meal-sized offerings (maybe on the small size) and certainly more than just snack sized bites.

I appreciate that. Not every meal has to be whopping. I was just using Disney's term "feast." This will be fine for us! I was just wondering what KIND of meal it was. I'm going to assume we can use our Quick Serves for it.

jgj123

I don't think you can use a quick serve credit on the meal items. Each booth had some snack offerings, but I didn't see anything in any review indicating you could use a quick serve credit.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I appreciate that. Not every meal has to be whopping. I was just using Disney's term "feast." This will be fine for us!
No, it is not Disney's term "feast." There is a Christian holy day called the "Feast of the Three Kings," also known as the Epiphany. It is not the "Three Kings feast," it is the "Feast of the Three Kings," capital letters, proper noun. The term refers to the holiday, not to the food offering. It is not a "feast" that celebrates the Three Kings, it is a food stand that celebrates "The Feast of the Three Kings."

I was just wondering what KIND of meal it was. I'm going to assume we can use our Quick Serves for it.
It's not a meal at all, it's a snack cart. No, you cannot use the quick service dining plan. The only dining plan option is to use a snack credit on the desert item, Three Kings Bread (assuming the menu is the same as last year, which is not guaranteed).

Squigglove

Original Poster
No, it is not Disney's term "feast." There is a Christian holy day called the "Feast of the Three Kings," also known as the Epiphany. It is not the "Three Kings feast," it is the "Feast of the Three Kings," capital letters, proper noun. The term refers to the holiday, not to the food offering. It is not a "feast" that celebrates the Three Kings, it is a food stand that celebrates "The Feast of the Three Kings."

It's not a meal at all, it's a snack cart. No, you cannot use the quick service dining plan. The only dining plan option is to use a snack credit on the desert item, Three Kings Bread (assuming the menu is the same as last year, which is not guaranteed).

Okay. "Feast" is the term that was used to represent the FEAST of the Three Kings, and the American FEAST at the American Pavilion on several blog posts I found online. While your back-handed ways of answering my questions are difficult to fully appreciate and I thought the forum was a place I could ask Disney Vets questions without my general knowledge being insulted, I will not ask forgiveness for the reference. But apparently I annoy you, so please feel free to avoid my topics from this point on.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Okay. "Feast" is the term that was used to represent the FEAST of the Three Kings, and the American FEAST at the American Pavilion on several blog posts I found online. While your back-handed ways of answering my questions are difficult to fully appreciate and I thought the forum was a place I could ask Disney Vets questions without my general knowledge being insulted, I will not ask forgiveness for the reference. But apparently I annoy you, so please feel free to avoid my topics from this point on.
I'm not answering your question in a back-handed way. On the contrary, you were going to plan a meal at a place that doesn't serve meals and I helped you out by illustrating that the term feast, in this context, refers to a religious celebration, not a large meal. So what I believe you're trying to say is "thank you."

giphy.gif

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
You can use a QS credit for 3 snacks though, as long as you use them all in one go. So it's possible to grab three qualifying snacks from the snack cart and use a quick service credit for that "meal"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom