Christmas Day Parade Taping

A few years back we were there for the taping. In the evening they did it again for the guests to make up for the disruption in the day!! It was fun!!

Todd L

I know that a lot of the people here LOVE to go to the taping but I gotta say that I was there during the taping of the parade a few years back and Stayed as far away from the Mk as possible that day. We headed over to HS and It was great .

majorrfb

If Christmas taping bothers you....

Stay away from the MK during taping. Visit he other parks including Sea World or Universal Studios (God I don't believe I' writing this). Visit MK on non-taping days. We'll be there Nov. 30 through Dec. 6 and this is our game plan. :hammer:

prberk

I agree wholeheartedly with MissM. I foolishly sat through a filming of the parade years back, and I found the whole thing to be both a waste of time and a logistical mess. I avoid MK completely on parade-filming days. (Plus, it was a bit disillusioning to learn that the whole thing on TV is a staged fake.)

Which is why it should go back to being live, which it was until somewhere around 1997.

Much more electric feel. Should be live.

Paul

Computer Magic

Which is why it should go back to being live, which it was until somewhere around 1997.

Much more electric feel. Should be live.

Paul
Once again everything is planned. Things don't always have to be perfect to be magical. In fact some of the most magical moments are unplanned.

swissamy

I am so sorry to rain on your parade - no pun intended- but we were there last year on taping days and could not even walk it was so crowded. The parade was not actually being taped at that time (it was around dinner time, maybe between 5 and 7 I think) but it was as crowded as New Yrs Eve. Every ride had phenomenal wait times, the people were packed in shoulder to shoulder and it was so unpleasant we left MK and went to the hotel. I would go anywhere but MK on taping days, in fact this yr we are going the week later for that simple reason.

yensid67

Christmas Day Parade taping...

I know that the parade taping takes place the first weekend, but does it EVER overflow into Monday and Tuesday? I am planning to be there on Monday after taping and don't want to get STUCK ! Any help would be greatly appreciated PLEASE REPLY TO TIGGER2670@YAHOO.COM!

Pluto'sGrl

We'll be there for our first holiday time trip also. We plan on being everywhere but MK on taping days, with the exception of MVMCP on 12/4. I assume the other parks will be a little busier than usual, simply from other folks trying to avoid going to MK that day also. :shrug:

cslafferty

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone. We decided to cancel our ADR at Crystal Palace and avoid MK all together. We had tentatively planned to spend most of the day at Epcot anyway. Do they usually tape the first weekend in Dec? We're thinking about a bounce back trip next year around the same time but would like to avoid taping weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom