• No

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Never been there Christmas Day

Votes: 28 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astro_Digital

Original Poster
Is Christmas Day at the Magic Kingdom somehow special.
I imagine it is the busiest day of the year.

Arrive when it opens.
Already it would be near capacity.

Arrive an hour early there will be thousands waiting to get in and you will be one of the first to get in.
You head directly to the Pirates of the Caribbean you get on no problem but when you get out there will be already a 30 minute wait and the day will go down from there.

By 10 am most attractions will have queues even the slowest like the Country Bear Jamboree and the Enchanted Tiki room will start filling out.

You would be left using Fast Passes you were lucky enough to secure.
Visiting The Hall of Presidents, The Carousal of Progress, the Tiki Room, Country Bear.

By 11 am the Haunted Mansion will have a line up of at least an hour.

During parades and fireworks you maybe able to sneak into an attraction, but you are there Christmas Day who would not want to watch the Christmas Day Parade.

Food .... self serve will have long queues and once you get your food, good luck finding a table.

Main Street will be so packed the only way to the gate will be through the stores and they will be packed too, but if you leave you may not get back in because of capacity issues.

Is this a fair assessment ?

Is it worth going to the Magic Kingdom Christmas Day anyway ?

Astro_Digital

Original Poster
I imagine you been at the Magic Kingdom Christmas Day, do you find it worth it ?

I guess it is more than crowds, line ups .... it is emotional.
You have a special feeling to be there on Christmas Day.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
1544648880906.png

Tick Tock

Most who want to go and are advised not to, go anyway (this was me).

Most of these people will then advise others not to go on Christmas day and will also be ignored.
This was us. We were advised again and again to avoid the Christmas - New Year's week like the plague.
Back in 1993, we got the bright idea to not listen and try it. Never again in my life. Ever. Thanos could've snapped twice, and there still would've been an hour+ wait for Pan. Never again.

mergatroid

One plus point on this is the anticipation of going on Christmas day is really, really enjoyable. You'll spend weeks looking forward to the feel good factor and enjoy that :cool:

There are good aspects to the day such as seeing the castle and knowing it's Christmas, perhaps seeing a young child smile as their dream comes true. However it's so crowded you can barely move or even see ahead of you. You kind of stagger around just trying to find a queue you can justify waiting in, which often means doing attractions that you'd often not have high on your list. Eating is virtually impossible, at least in a manner which doesn't include being stood up leaning against a bin being jostled after queuing for an hour. If you enjoy those things though, maybe you'll have a blast.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Eating is virtually impossible, at least in a manner which doesn't include being stood up leaning against a bin being jostled after queuing for an hour. If you enjoy those things though, maybe you'll have a blast.
Like the last weekend of F&W. Trash can tables.

Disney4family

We went once 12/17/08-12/23/08. You couldn't move, find a restroom, go on a ride, nothing - on 12/23. It was so mobbed. I can't imagine Christmas or the week between Christmas and New Year's. God bless those who try and who smile through it all.

We were at Disney World, specifically Magic Kingdom last year on Christmas Day. We got there fairly earlier in the morning. Not exactly rope drop but earlier enough. We were staying at the Contemporary so the walk made it easy. On the walk over it was exciting to think that hey, we’re going to be at Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day!

It was fun and fulfilling to wish cast members Merry Christmas on the walk into the park.

While the rumors are true it did get to capacity and they closed MK not letting anymore guests in from about noon until 5pm, it was expected and we knew what we were getting into. We had our three kids with us as well. We did get our fast pass rides in and had lunch at the Crystal Palace and spent the whole day enjoying the park leisurely.

We made the day a hang out day mostly because we knew that movement would be slow and limited.

It really wasn’t bad at all. Again it was at capacity but mentally we went in to it knowing this. But being at Disney on Christmas Day was something we always wanted to do.

If it’s on your to-do list, then do it. Be sure you have the mindset and it will be enjoyable way to celebrate Christmas.

And yes, I’d do it again. Hopefully next year.

Merry Christmas!

Chadder810

It was interesting to do once, but never, never, never again. It took my 35 minutes to get a brat in Germany. It gets to the point where you have to schedule your bathroom breaks as there are long lines there also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom