Christmas beginning at DHS

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
As you guys already know the Dream lights have begun being installed on Cinderella Castle over the last week, it has been progressing quite fast there are now strands on both sides of the castle.

As of today, I noticed that they have started stringing the lights back up at Disney's Hollywood Studios ready for the Osborne Family spectacle of dancing lights, they can be found on the far right hand side of the sets near Lights Motors Action.

Sorry I haven't got any photos today as I didn't take a camera but it gets me excited for Christmas.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
:sohappy: Thank you! I saw the Osborne lights for the 1st time last year and I was ENCHANTED by them - love em!!

RiversideBunny

See if you can tell where the Black Cat will be in the Osborne Lights this year. They move him each year. Last year he was in an alley. The year before he was on top of a building.

The Black Cat, actually purple when lit up, was supposedly included in the initial shipment of Osborne lights to WDW. He's really a Halloween light. They decided to keep him.

Tks.
:)

EPCOTPluto

Ah, great to hear. Wonder when the Lights of Winter will come up as well?

.....Christmas comes so much earlier each year at Disney..... :lol:

Foolish1

The schedule for the Osborne Lights has changed somewhat. They're now running Nov. 10 - Jan. 4. :)

Is this official? Last year it didn't start until around the 25th. But the two or three years prior it started around the 10th. Due to work, I have to be back by the Monday before Thanksgiving. So I was so disappointed last year. I was so happy several years ago when they moved it up. I don't know why they don't do that every year.

disneytopdog

As some other posters this is my first year to see the Osborne Lights. Is there any tricks or tips on the best viewing area? Do they do an intial "turn on" at a specfic time each night? Is there a place to view and take pictures at that is better?

Tinkyroo

We also love to check out the lights at HS. I will say though that last year they did something different. They closed all access to the lights except for the very back. It was so packed back there since that was the only entrance and exit that we just left. It was very disappointing. In previous years it was so easy to access that area from anywhere you were coming from. Is this the new way they do it now or was that just a one time thing? I am hoping they do not do close everything off except for one spot again this year.

timeman

As some other posters this is my first year to see the Osborne Lights. Is there any tricks or tips on the best viewing area? Do they do an intial "turn on" at a specfic time each night? Is there a place to view and take pictures at that is better?

The do have a specific turn on each night which will be printed on the schedule. The best pictures are from each end of the street at either the New York facade or near Lights Motor Action.

You can take your time walking thru the area. They enter you thru the Lights Motor Action end and you exit at the other end of the street onto Cimmissary lane. I know that last year I stayed on the street around 30 minutes just taking pictures and video along with just admiring the lights.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

They are the full length of the New York street. Lighting times are announced...I'm thinking it's usually 6:00. There is nothing particularly special about being there at the lighting...except for nothing...then Wham!

Usually you are directed to "flow" in one direction, and it is nice to walk the full length of the street and the side streets. Then come back and pause to take it all in, take pictures, whatever. It is more crowded later in the season and on weekends, but you can generally stop and enjoy the whole street (particulary during the dancing lights) from the courtyard at the Lights Motor Action end of the street. Some stop at the New York skyline end of the street, but that tends to be much more crowded.

You can pick up a cocktail at the stand outside of Sci-Fi drive in to take off that winter chill...and you would also want to be in the middle of the street when it starts to "snow".

sounds great, we are coming from england to go the xmas party at magic knigdom for the first time, but now the dates have been moved fro the osbourne lights i can experience this as well fo rthe first time.

this is oging to be a trip of firsts for me -

MNSSHP
MVMCP
Osbourne Lights

Wow cant wait

Any tips for the osbourne lights woudl be great

Rinx

Why are the Osborne Lights Spectacle beginning sooo early??? November 10th is ridiculous. That's two weeks before Thanksgiving. They will just have completed taking down all the Halloween decs and then jump right into Christmas. That's overboard in my opinion. :shrug:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
sounds great, we are coming from england to go the xmas party at magic knigdom for the first time, but now the dates have been moved fro the osbourne lights i can experience this as well fo rthe first time.

this is oging to be a trip of firsts for me -

MNSSHP
MVMCP
Osbourne Lights

Wow cant wait

Any tips for the osbourne lights woudl be great

Depending on how late in November you are staying, look into the festivities at Epcot as well, from the lights, to storytellers, to Candlelight Processional to the holiday tag on Illuminations. Very nice!

See my comments on Osborne Lights in your other thread.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Events/Holidays-Around-the-World-at-Epcot.htm
http://allears.net/tp/holiday.htm
http://allears.net/tp/h_cpfaq.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom