Trip Report Christmas 2018

So I've belonged to this forum for many years but haven't been to Disney since 2012. I was reading up on what had changed, etc. So I'll throw this up as a short description of my first trip to Ft. Wilderness since 1976, and the first trip for us since 2012.
We stayed at Ft. Wilderness Dec 13th-18th 2018. Looking at the Disney Christmas decorations has always been on my wife's bucket list, and her birthday is also in December. If you have never been to the campground during Christmas I would strongly suggest you go and check out the decorations in the loops. It is insane! These people do it up like I have never seen before! We had a small offering, animated Mickey, Minnie, and Goof in our windshield but that was it.
We had rented a golf cart for the duration ($67 a day). That really is the right way to do the campground and see everything.
This trip we had a 4 day park hopper but only used three days. The other day was spent hotel hopping to see the lobby decorations. In our opinion the Wilderness Lodge beat all the others. The parks were crazy crowded and We will never go back that time of year again. That being said- Bucket List checked off. Weather was kind of chilly but you never know that time of year so we were prepared.
I know this hasn't been as detailed as some but it was just a quick overview. Included below is the cost of staying. We were in the 800 loop which I think they call "Meadow Premium sites" since it's almost right across from the pool and Meadow Trading Post. A little more expensive than regular premium I think. Hard to tell as no pricing stays the same.
Prices for the site are as follows in case you are thinking of going that time of year:

Booked January 3rd 2018
The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Magic Kingdom Resort Area
4510 North Fort Wilderness Trail
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8415
United States
DatesRates per night
December 13 Thursday$133.00
December 14 Friday$163.00
December 15 Saturday$163.00
December 16 Sunday$159.00
December 17 Monday$159.00
OfferStandard Price

Our small contribution to the festivities.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom