Christmas 2018

lotte.adam

Original Poster
Hello!! Me and my boyfriend are going to Disney for Christmas (I know it will be busy) It's our first time in disney so completely confused what to do for actual Christmas day!!

We were thinking of getting to Magic Kingdom as soon as it opens and staying all day - then having dinner there (any suggestions?!) so can see the fireworks?

Really need any help people can give!!

Thanks,
Lotte xx

JD80

What are you looking in the meal?

There are only two full service restaurants in the Magic Kingdom as of now; Be Our Guest and Cinderellas Royal Table. Be Our Guest is changing later on this year, so no one will be able to tell you about the new menu. There may be a converted third restaurant but I haven't read anything about it.

Otherwise there are a slew of other places to eat, but you won't get the service/experience as those two places. The Crystal Palace is a buffet style character meet that you might enjoy if you like Winnie the Pooh.

Personally, I would pick CRT if you can get the reservation.

lotte.adam

Original Poster
What are you looking in the meal?

There are only two full service restaurants in the Magic Kingdom as of now; Be Our Guest and Cinderellas Royal Table. Be Our Guest is changing later on this year, so no one will be able to tell you about the new menu. There may be a converted third restaurant but I haven't read anything about it.

Otherwise there are a slew of other places to eat, but you won't get the service/experience as those two places. The Crystal Palace is a buffet style character meet that you might enjoy if you like Winnie the Pooh.

Personally, I would pick CRT if you can get the reservation.
Ah thanks will have a look!!

We were looking at the lady and Tramp restuarant? Is that worth it or not??

Thanks xx

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Tony’s Town Square
The Plaza Restaurant
Skipper Canteen
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Crystal Palace

There are other full service restaurants in MK besides Be Our Guest and Cinderella’s Royal Table.

lotte.adam

Original Poster
Tony’s Town Square
The Plaza Restaurant
Skipper Canteen
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Crystal Palace

There are other full service restaurants in MK besides Be Our Guest and Cinderella’s Royal Table.

Ah Thanks!!

Which would you suggest for Christmas Day? We were thinking Tony's as near the fireworks? But we are completely clueless 🙈🙈

Thanks for replying!!
Xx

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@lotte.adam Christmas Day in the MK will be CRAZY crowded. There will be lines for everything, including the restrooms. Merely trying to navigate the park will be a challenge. If you can visit another park on Christmas Day and save MK for a different day, it will be to your advantage.

But if not, arrive at park opening to experience some of the attractions without hours-long waits. Select your three fastpasses in advance. Look at the menus for the restaurants above to see which appeal to you and make your reservation at 180 days out since reservations for Christmas day fill up fast. The location of a particular restaurant for fireworks viewing isn’t as important as the time of your dinner, since you don’t want to still be inside when the show starts. I recommend booking a time no later than 2 hours prior to fireworks.

I have eaten at all the full service restaurants in MK and have had both good and bad experiences. I have favorites like everyone else, but even a favorite can disappoint sometimes. There is no way to measure “worth” because what is “worth it” to me may not be “worth it” to someone else. That’s why I suggest looking at menus and reading about the restaurants for yourself. What would you enjoy?

At the least, even a mediocre experience at a full service restaurant will give you a break from the crowds and a energizing rest!

JD80

Tony’s Town Square
The Plaza Restaurant
Skipper Canteen
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Crystal Palace

Technically I guess. I'd put those in a 2nd tier of restaurants. Just my opinion though.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Technically I guess
2nd tier restaurants? I can't recall Disney categorizing their sit down restruatants that way. Can you expound upon what makes a first tier over a second tier?

Personally, I would recommend the Liberty Tree Tavern to the OP, its a great place to eat and you get a lot of food.

JD80

Just my own personal tastes and experiences nothing to do with Disney. I'm not saying 2nd tier is bad, but my best experiences have been at BOG/CRT from food quality to ambiance.

Best way I can say is that maybe it's the difference between casual dining and fine dining? Though it's not entirely accurate.

Tom P.

Just my own personal tastes and experiences nothing to do with Disney. I'm not saying 2nd tier is bad, but my best experiences have been at BOG/CRT from food quality to ambiance.

Best way I can say is that maybe it's the difference between casual dining and fine dining? Though it's not entirely accurate.
Rating restaurants on quality is one thing. But what you originally said was that there were only two "full service" restaurants in the Magic Kingdom. That's just not true. Being a full service restaurant has nothing to do with the comparative quality of each place. Liberty Tree Tavern is just as much a full service restaurant as Be Our Guest. It is certainly not a quick service place.

Amos1784

It's funny because those two I would put towards the bottom of my list, it really is different for everyone. I would suggest Skipper Canteen (for the food), followed by Liberty Tree (for nostalgia/comfort) and then possibly Crystal Palace (for fun). Only one I would not suggest is Tony's and have never been to the Plaza, one of the only Table service restaurants on property we have not been. Not sure why it just always eludes us.

BOG and CRT I had decent meals at not great to make up the price difference. However, if you are looking for a special dining evening, dining in the castle is amazing, just do not expect fantastic food/service in my experience, every time we have dined in the castle whether it was breakfast or dinner we have been VERY rushed.

JD80

I weighed my suggestion based on not caring about the cost and having a special meal on Christmas.

I loved Crystal Palace with my kids when I went last year.

JohnD

While there are Christmas/holiday themed things to do while in the parks, I strongly recommend you and your boyfriend find time to see the Christmas trees in the resorts and other holiday decorations around WDW.

Among the trees worth seeing are:
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • Grand Floridian Resort (and gingerbread house)
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Coronado Springs Resort
  • Boardwalk
  • Yacht Club
  • Beach Club

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom