runDisney Star Wars Events

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Windows sucked, so I got in through Chrome. Registered for Challenge, Kessel and 5K. I may have inadvertently registered for the Half twice, given the Kessel option I selected.

I just checked out the pricing between just the Virtual. Yup, I've registered for the Rival Run Half, twice. Oops.

I'll wait until everything is sold out before I call rD about that.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Either rD limited the number of magicbands available for sale during early registration or the entire 1,000 band inventory is sold out.

Or they realized they shouldn't have included it in the list of products available during early registration, since it was supposed to be released until next Tuesday. I bought one, so they'd better honor it.

Furiated

Either rD limited the number of magicbands available for sale during early registration or the entire 1,000 band inventory is sold out.

Or they realized they shouldn't have included it in the list of products available during early registration, since it was supposed to be released until next Tuesday. I bought one, so they'd better honor it.

Same, I was able to get one but I saw that people not too long after saying it wasn't showing as available any more.

I wonder if they only put a portion of them up since this is early registration and the rest will be available with normal registration?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Same, I was able to get one but I saw that people not too long after saying it wasn't showing as available any more.

I wonder if they only put a portion of them up since this is early registration and the rest will be available with normal registration?

I hope so. It would be really bad if they mistakenly included them.

Chet Dakota

MagicBands? Did I miss something?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Cool, do you know offhand how long it took for the half to sell out last year?

There's a thread @dreamfinder created in this subforum which tracks each race. It's the runDisney Race Availability Tracker thread.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
There's a thread @dreamfinder created in this subforum which tracks each race. It's the runDisney Race Availability Tracker thread.

Awesome, thanks!

LAKid53

Premium Member
MagicBands? Did I miss something?

You did. You can now purchase race specific magicbands on the rD products page. Limited supply. Only the Marathon weekend band is showing. So I gather Princess is sold out and either rD limited the number available for early registration or the 1,000 inventory for SW is sold out.

LAKid53

Premium Member
rD on their Twitter feed said design for the 2020 race would be available on the 16th. While they didn't say "magicband design", I think that's what they meant.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Cool, do you know offhand how long it took for the half to sell out last year?

Not 100% sure specifically for the Half, but I registered for the Kessel Run Challenge (Rival Run Challenge option) on March 26, 2019 (SW Weekend being April 4-7) and I *think* there was still availability to sign up for Rival Run or just the Half pretty late. With the hype around new land opening, I don't think I'd risk waiting that long again though!

Last edited:

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Not 100% sure specifically for the Half, but I registered for the Kessel Run Challenge (Rival Run Challenge option) on March 26, 2019 (SW Weekend being April 4-7) and I *think* there was still availability to sign up for Rival Run or just the Half pretty late. With the hype around new land opening, I don't think I'd risk waiting that long again though!
Yea, my wife shares the same sentiment regarding extra demand this year b/c of the land.

LAKid53

Premium Member
When I ever so nicely told runDisney they'd put the magicband up for sale this AM, rather than the previously announced date, this is the response I got...

1412476582.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom