runDisney Star Wars Events

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The sidewalk between boardwalk and the gondolas would be brutal for the 5k. Just brutal.

I don't think the course for the 5K will change, unless the Epcot construction requires it.

Could they run the Half course in reverse? The problem is the last runners will be running through DHS when it opens if they keep the same course as last year.

dreamfinder

It seems like they will sell the bibs with ' early bird' tiers. Cheaper bibs!

Half marathon starts at 185, after a while 195 and it ends with 205, leveling it with the cost of princess marathon (205)

Throwback to days of the past, guess this means they are starting to feel the pinch of not selling out every race. Of course, for a while the running joke was that bibs never lasted long enough to make it up to the more expensive prices, so no one ever paid them.

Texas84

I don't think the course for the 5K will change, unless the Epcot construction requires it.

Could they run the Half course in reverse? The problem is the last runners will be running through DHS when it opens if they keep the same course as last year.
Dark Side once started at Epcot, hit DHS about mile 3-4, then AK, then ESPN. That would get everyone through SW:GE early enough. They could also do a new course, Epcot, DHS, AK, back to Epcot. Either way we could get SW:GE + Pandora. :)

Texas84

It would require either a start or finish area near DHS, because a loop through SW:GE when starting and finishing at epcot is around 4/5 mile?
I think they could do it with the 10K and Epcot staging. It is possible they could do a DHS 5K start/finish that early in the morning now that the parking is expanded. You never know!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Dark Side once started at Epcot, hit DHS about mile 3-4, then AK, then ESPN. That would get everyone through SW:GE early enough. They could also do a new course, Epcot, DHS, AK, back to Epcot. Either way we could get SW:GE + Pandora. :)

I remember that. Running through the backwoods of WWoS to the finish line wasn't fun.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I think they could do it with the 10K and Epcot staging. It is possible they could do a DHS 5K start/finish that early in the morning now that the parking is expanded. You never know!

Let's hope runDisney decides to be imaginative. A 5K through DHS would be fantastic.

I haven't been to the park since the new bus terminal was completed.

HiJe

Let's hope runDisney decides to be imaginative. A 5K through DHS would be fantastic.

I haven't been to the park since the new bus terminal was completed.

This would be awesome. Wish we knew the Route before having to sign up (Have to decide between the 5K and 10K). Although, I didn't mind running on the highway from TTC to Epcot in the last one as much as others do. It was kind of neat in the dark.

LAKid53

Premium Member
This would be awesome. Wish we knew the Route before having to sign up (Have to decide between the 5K and 10K). Although, I didn't mind running on the highway from TTC to Epcot in the last one as much as others do. It was kind of neat in the dark.

I know some call that part of the course boring, but I like it as it's flat. More characters would be nice, though.

Figment82

For all you who will be Perfect this year, here's a response from rD to another runner's question about how Legacy runners will be notified. Note SW isn't listed, let's hope that's an oversight.

View attachment 388210

So they kind of leave it up for interpretation whether the special personalized registration will be sent out this year, or next year after 5 races have been completed. They didn’t have my correct contact info for the 5th year of W&D, so I don’t know how it worked back then. Either way, I’ll be on the signup page tomorrow morning. Good luck everyone!

Chet Dakota

I remember that. Running through the backwoods of WWoS to the finish line wasn't fun.

Completely understand the logistic issues...just saying, now that it will be open, I don’t see how you could have a Star Wars-themed run and not have the course go through Star Wars Land.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Completely understand the logistic issues...just saying, now that it will be open, I don’t see how you could have a Star Wars-themed run and not have the course go through Star Wars Land.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just speculating how the courses would change to accomplish this. And hope runDisney recognizes the desire of runners to have the courses go through the land.

Frankly, the Epcot 5K has gotten old. Hopefully the construction at the park will force runDisney to reconsider that race - put the W&D 5k back in DAK and move the SW to DHS with a good portion of the course in GE.

LAKid53

Premium Member
It was just announced RoTR will open in DHS December 5th. Even more pressure to have the courses run through the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom