runDisney Star Wars Events

surfsupdon

yikes. This is why I'm always on the 1st bus to leave the resort. My biggest nightmare would be missing the starting gun
It was my fault. I think they said they want all runners on the bus by 330a to make it to their corrals on time. I got on a bus at 4am. Big difference in traffic btw.

The beauty of the races that began at Studios parking lot was that you could walk over from your Crescent Lake resort. So easy.

Texas84

This showed up yesterday. Don't remember ordering it. A freebie from Disney?
20190517_110240043_iOS.jpg

Texas84

Did you get your virtual medal at the Expo or was it mailed to you? It was part of that package. I have one also, but I picked up my medal at the Expo as I was doing Kessel.
Medal mailed a loooong time ago. But that explains it. Thanks! It was a nice surprise.

NormC

Nope still waiting for mine. They claim it is my fault and I am not getting one. It is not my fault they had website troubles.

edit:
Finally got through to the correct person by threatening to contact Mr. Kelley the VP. Medal should be in the mail.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Nope still waiting for mine. They claim it is my fault and I am not getting one. It is not my fault they had website troubles.

edit:
Finally got through to the correct person by threatening to contact Mr. Kelley the VP. Medal should be in the mail.

i was going to suggest you contact the VP over runDisney. Glad you were finally able to get it resolved.

Figment82

Faron is a great guy - I’m sure he’d be more than happy to help you out should you ever have any issues in the future. I’m glad you were able to get it sorted out!

RunningKoen

It seems like they will sell the bibs with ' early bird' tiers. Cheaper bibs!

Half marathon starts at 185, after a while 195 and it ends with 205, leveling it with the cost of princess marathon (205)

HiJe

What are the chances that each race (5K, 10K, Half) this year will go through Galaxy's Edge at some point?

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
It would require either a start or finish area near DHS, because a loop through SW:GE when starting and finishing at epcot is around 4/5 mile?

Could offset a good chunk of that by running the other way when hitting world showcase on the 1/2. Also, the course could have significant changes once the Epcot construction begins.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Could offset a good chunk of that by running the other way when hitting world showcase on the 1/2. Also, the course could have significant changes once the Epcot construction begins.

That's my thought. When the Epcot construction gets underway, they'll have to make some course changes.

LAKid53

Premium Member
What are the chances that each race (5K, 10K, Half) this year will go through Galaxy's Edge at some point?

I doubt the 5k or 10K will. I hope the Half does. I'd give up the loop around WS to the finish line to turn right at Hollywood to run through GE.

LAKid53

Premium Member
For all you who will be Perfect this year, here's a response from rD to another runner's question about how Legacy runners will be notified. Note SW isn't listed, let's hope that's an oversight.

FB_IMG_1562716214274.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom