runDisney Star Wars Events

GimpYancIent

Okay. I goofed on this earlier, but give me some combo of Figment / Carousel of Progress / Horizons logo and I'm doing every race
I enjoy a challenge, I enjoy circulating around the property soaking in everything, I enjoy the difference of a Disney run event compared to any other. The idea of a spring time surprise gives me apprehension as to the theming choice! Disney managements choices have left something to be desired. It will be sad to see an excitingly themed event turned into something bland.

Texas84

Look at it the other way. It lets them have an event themed to the flavor of the month, IE whatever hot property they want to profit off of, without having to explain why it's got a different event name each year. They can change all the distance characters and such, without having to change the name. OR they can bust out smaller cult favorites without having to theme the whole event around them. Hitchhiking Ghosts Half, Orange Bird 10k with a Figment 5k anyone? (Making those up, don't quote me)
I want that Orange Bird medal!

GimpYancIent

The Coast to Coast Challenge, the Kessel Run Challenge (Light Side races at DL & Dark Side races at WDW) those were challenges that enthused me. The DOPEY challenge was merely the run start for the year. It's not that Disney can not do them, the historical record shows other wise. The DL races are on hiatus excuse does not fly, Disney can take them off the shelf, dust them off and do what is necessary to get them up and running. So yeah, Challenges, let's talk challenges. What is being presented right now is weak and bland w a lack of imagination and motivation clearly being shown. "Spring Time Surprise" replacing the Star Wars Rival Run does not raise the enthusiasm or excitement level.

Chet Dakota

The Coast to Coast Challenge, the Kessel Run Challenge (Light Side races at DL & Dark Side races at WDW) those were challenges that enthused me.... What is being presented right now is weak and bland w a lack of imagination and motivation clearly being shown. "Spring Time Surprise" replacing the Star Wars Rival Run does not raise the enthusiasm or excitement level.
Completely agree. Right now, I have no motivation to do a runDisney event.

drod1985

After almost a year off I just started getting back into running with the goal of doing a Star Wars Rival Run race. Man I was bummed to see it's been replaced with the Surprise races. So add me to the list of those with no motivation to do a runDisney event now.

GimpYancIent

After almost a year off I just started getting back into running with the goal of doing a Star Wars Rival Run race. Man I was bummed to see it's been replaced with the Surprise races. So add me to the list of those with no motivation to do a runDisney event now.
Exactly. The last running of the Star Wars Rival Run was my last Disney race. I put in a lot of mileage every year, just not at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom