Chip & Dale's Imagineering Rangers - Project 3

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Project three guys, first come first serve on the attraction...

CHALLENGE: Choose a ride and create a “Frightfully Fun” overlay for the Halloween Season!

Criteria:
-Original idea for overlay in Magic Kingdom (cannot use Haunted Mansion, Small World, or Space Mountain
-Fits with story (if new story, how does it connect?)
-Theming

Due: Saturday March 6th

MathewGW

Cheers mate for opening this. Now I think we're gonna need a load of ideas here, just in case we're beaten to it by the other team. We were so close with the last round, and we defianatley have it in us to beat them.

My inital thought was a "Zurg" overlay of Buzz, but Pirates would be another awesome one to do, mabie even have live actors jump out at you in places?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
here are some ideas I have, which I sent to Matthew earlier

Voodoo Cruise - A nightly overlay of the Jungle Cruise where an ancient voodoo spirit is unleashed upon the boat turning the entire ride into a new nightmare around the world.

Murder on the Liberty Belle - A new real life game of clue between guests as they must solve the grizzly murder of one of the ship's esteemed passengers. While they are unknowingly taken hostage by a mysterious "ghost". Guests take part in a real Scooby Doo adventure nightly on the Rivers of America.

Enchanted Zombie Room - The Princess and the Frog's Dr. Facilier takes over the Tiki room and has his friends from the other side put on a terrifying new show.

MathewGW

The always excelent Stitch castle has just given me the following:

Voodoo Cruise - A nightly overlay of the Jungle Cruise where an ancient voodoo spirit is unleashed upon the boat turning the entire ride into a new nightmare around the world.

Murder on the Liberty Belle - A new real life game of clue between guests as they must solve the grizzly murder of one of the ship's esteemed passengers. While they are unknowingly taken hostage by a mysterious "ghost". Guests take part in a real Scooby Doo adventure nightly on the Rivers of America.

Enchanted Zombie Room - The Princess and the Frog's Dr. Facilier takes over the Tiki room and has his friends from the other side put on a terrifying new show.

All three have potentail, and loads of it. Apart from those three we have my two ideas:

Emporor Zurg's Anti-Ranger Spin - Zurg has taken over star command, and you have to stop him.

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. A sacrey tour through the carribean, with live actors and scares at every turn.

Tazer has a great idea of using MTMMR, which could be loads of fun.

Keep em coming guys

stitchcastle

Original Poster
I'm leaning towards the Liberty Belle one, just because it sounds like the other team looks like they want to do Jungle Cruise. I was also thinking we could spruce it up by turning it into a musical. It could be a really fun interactive experience with guests pretty much starring in their own episode of Scooby Doo complete with unmasking the Ghost in the end.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
How about expanding the idea to include Tom sawyer island? or would that be TOO big?

I'd love that! but would that be cheating and taking over 2 attractions? I'm also concerned about the capacity, we can't make the experience too long that only a few guests will be able to take part.

Although i guess we could put some show scenes on the island. Like say maybe there's a part where the captain would be telling the story of the "ghost" and things would be re-enacted on the island.

Just thinking about all this is really inspiring me, we could have a really great story on our hands.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
I think the boat would be big enough, Plus we could have several shows a day with different cast members alternating to maximize capacity. It's even possible to have it during the day time, although it wouldn't be as effective.

Tazer19

I think the boat would be big enough, Plus we could have several shows a day with different cast members alternating to maximize capacity. It's even possible to have it during the day time, although it wouldn't be as effective.
Less scary version during the daytime??

stitchcastle

Original Poster
the whole thing could start like this. All the passengers gather around as they wave goodbye to the port and then a host would have everybody introduce themselves from the guests to the castmembers who are playing important chracters to the story, one of which is very boastful about some important luggage they brought on board.

The host then explains the history of the Liberty Belle before segueing into the story of the 'River Spook'. The story could be told in song either by scenes re-enacted on Tom Sawyer Island or a nice little puppet show similar to how they did it in Hunchback of Notre Damme.

Suddenly as the story wraps up, the lights turn off and we hear a scream.

The lights turn back on and the passenger's precious cargo is gone.

One passenger immediately yells "it's the ghost! it's here! it's all real!"

We then notice that a list is written on the wall. A list of things that will happen and people who will disappear through out the night.

Luckily one of the passengers is a police officer and re-assures us that the culprit will be caught and that there are no such things as ghosts. cue howling winds and blinking lights.

The usual suspects are rounded up (including some guests) but before we could make a decision the lights turn off again. Somebody should really fix the generator. And as they turn on again, a guest dissappears! (this chosen guest gets to play along with the "ghost" and speak on the speakers and everything)

Time is now running out and the culprit must be captured! But who is it!?

MathewGW

I do like the idea of a younger ones version during the day. My only issue with this is we can't use Scooby :(. Oooooo how about taking a hint from out name and using Chip n Dale? Would be nice to give them something to do in the parks

MathewGW

oh i was only using Scooby Doo as a point of reference. None of the Scooby Doo characters will be there.
I know, I'm just saying I miss Scooby Doo. Damn you stitch for making me all nostalgic for my childhood.

I do actually think Chip n Dale's Rescue Rangers could make an awesome daytime version for kids :D

I dare you to go onto youtube, listen to the theme a cuppla times and not think this is an epic idea

stitchcastle

Original Poster
a rescue rangers version in the daytime would be awesome! or how about a Rescuers version? complete with Madame Medusa and her gators.

Tazer19

I know, I'm just saying I miss Scooby Doo. Damn you stitch for making me all nostalgic for my childhood.

I do actually think Chip n Dale's Rescue Rangers could make an awesome daytime version for kids :D

I dare you to go onto youtube, listen to the theme a cuppla times and not think this is an epic idea
This is definitely the definition of an epic idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom