Children Returning to Schools

21stamps

Nj just 15 minutes ago shut down all indoor school sports effective 11/12. All winter high school seasons are cancelled.

We went back to indoor sports last weekend.. received the following email instructing to send to my families, early yesterday morning. I think they’re really scared about being shut down again.. I didn’t see any rule breakers last weekend, but apparently there must have been a couple.. either that, or they just want to send a second reminder prior to games starting.

9FCA12FA-5241-40C6-98A9-F991F9578F4F.jpeg
891C6525-3F1B-40C3-AF2A-BA9BE6E8A462.jpeg
C7D00740-AA3A-46BF-B10C-88BFEDBA49ED.jpeg

21stamps

Advertisement
For reference, the facility has a bar, a concession stand, had video games, air hockey, pool tables.. and then bounce house and bubble ball rooms downstairs.. Downstairs is closed off now, all video games removed upstairs. Bar is still open with tvs showing sports games... but most seating is removed.. concession stand is still open... warning tape everywhere in the facility, controlling traffic in either direction.

Literally the kids go in to play.. no time to warm up or stretch beforehand.

Angel Ariel

For reference, the facility has a bar, a concession stand, had video games, air hockey, pool tables.. and then bounce house and bubble ball rooms downstairs.. Downstairs is closed off now, all video games removed upstairs. Bar is still open with tvs showing sports games... but most seating is removed.. concession stand is still open... warning tape everywhere in the facility, controlling traffic in either direction.

Literally the kids go in to play.. no time to warm up or stretch beforehand.
masks only required for those above 10? I'm surprised by that. Also a bit surprised by the 2 spectators. I know my nephew's hockey league and hockey leagues in my area (a friend has a son that plays) is limiting to 1 spectator/player.

21stamps

masks only required for those above 10? I'm surprised by that. Also a bit surprised by the 2 spectators. I know my nephew's hockey league and hockey leagues in my area (a friend has a son that plays) is limiting to 1 spectator/player.

I was surprised by the 10 and up as well.. but I really haven’t seen many young kids there. Nothing for them to do now, they are required to stay seated next to the parent.

All of our sports have been 2 spectators since June. That’s already cutting out grandparents, I think it would be terrible to then cut out a parent as well, or if parents with multiple kids need to split up.. then 1 can go with each.
I don’t see a huge difference between 1 or 2, and every party is distanced 6 ft apart.
I just can’t imagine if a kid was in a tourney or something and a parent wasn’t allowed to go. There’s some things that we just have to remain conscious of.. like kids having their parents around.

Honestly, the grandparent thing breaks my heart. There’s only limited years, and so many grandparents love watching their grandkids play. It’s just very sad.

21stamps

in NJ for fall season, for football (as an example) we were allowed an audience of 500. 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

How many kids are between 2 football teams, bands, and cheer squads. That might be close to 500. 😂

Im kidding about the 500. But it has to be a large number. Are they able to distance at the stadium?

aw14

How many kids are between 2 football teams, bands, and cheer squads. That might be close to 500. 😂

Im kidding about the 500. But it has to be a large number. Are they able to distance at the stadium?
Its predominantly the home team that gets the majority of tickets.

The said, there has been no distancing but masks were worn.

21stamps

Its predominantly the home team that gets the majority of tickets.

The said, there has been no distancing but masks were worn.

They need to enforce what we have here.. if people aren’t wearing masks or not distanced and does not put one on or move when a checker asks them to.. they are removed. At our tourneys, they said they would stop the game. Completely halt it, clock running.

aw14

They need to enforce what we have here.. if people aren’t wearing masks or not distanced and does not put one on or move when a checker asks them to.. they are removed. At our tourneys, they said they would stop the game. Completely halt it, clock running.
We have police there- but they can’t remove, only ticket them.

seabreezept813

MA decided to completely change its color coding system for towns because too many were in the red.. so we are now all magically green overnight.
Called down to the office about a student today who is out covid related, which I only know because the kids told me. I just wanted to ask how to handle his/her grade with quarter closing. They asked if I got the email with the kid’s return date. Nope. They called me back and said thanks for saying something, we forgot to quarantine all of his/her close contacts. It’s only 1.5 weeks late to do that now...

ImperfectPixie

Original Poster
MA decided to completely change its color coding system for towns because too many were in the red.. so we are now all magically green overnight.
Called down to the office about a student today who is out covid related, which I only know because the kids told me. I just wanted to ask how to handle his/her grade with quarter closing. They asked if I got the email with the kid’s return date. Nope. They called me back and said thanks for saying something, we forgot to quarantine all of his/her close contacts. It’s only 1.5 weeks late to do that now...
What did they do with the map? I can't find it anymore...

21stamps

How does that even happen??? Are you not notified of a Covid case immediately?

ImperfectPixie

Original Poster
Boston Mayor Walsh just slammed Trump for his lack of response after yesterday's record new COVID cases and deaths, and is begging the commonwealth to follow the new mandates set in place by Governor Baker, stating that the first shut-down was devastating, but a second one would be far worse, and if we don't shape up, that's what will happen in Boston.

seabreezept813

How does that even happen??? Are you not notified of a Covid case immediately?
It sounds like they sent it for his brother and forgot to send it out when he then tested positive. We get generic emails saying a kid is out for certain dates, but don’t get told if they are a contact, case, etc. It’s usually days after the kid has been out of class so we tend to hear it from the kids first.

seabreezept813

Boston Mayor Walsh just slammed Trump for his lack of response after yesterday's record new COVID cases and deaths, and is begging the commonwealth to follow the new mandates set in place by Governor Baker, stating that the first shut-down was devastating, but a second one would be far worse, and if we don't shape up, that's what will happen in Boston.
Meanwhile the new mandates don’t do anything, he should also be pointing that finger at Baker. There are small steps that could slow things down like reducing indoor dining, which wouldn’t result in a full shutdown.

21stamps

It sounds like they sent it for his brother and forgot to send it out when he then tested positive. We get generic emails saying a kid is out for certain dates, but don’t get told if they are a contact, case, etc. It’s usually days after the kid has been out of class so we tend to hear it from the kids first.

This is crazy. Aren’t there protocols in place for when someone tests positive? Like immediate quarantine for students around them? Also, everyone in the school should be notified each time there’s a positive case, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom