Children Returning to Schools

5thGenTexan

Advertisement
Are the doing mask and temp checks at each vehicle? I am imagining a 2 hour line for school.. I think we’re going to arrive at 6:30 the first day 😂

Supposed to wear a mask to school, but they have masks if a student needs it. Also we have temp check cameras in our schools. Green box good to go, red sends you to the office for a recheck. It was just stop drop and go this morning.

21stamps

Supposed to wear a mask to school, but they have masks if a student needs it. Also we have temp check cameras in our schools. Green box good to go, red sends you to the office for a recheck. It was just stop drop and go this morning.

Nice!

21stamps

I just read this on FB.. had to share here 😂😂

C27EE7D2-6E51-4C12-B31D-494F88E4FB3E.jpeg
8683D5D8-DD87-45D7-A850-42204EE6F6DD.jpeg
42B13AE8-28D2-4EE9-A6EE-3B9595EB6714.jpeg

21stamps

I literally had to watch YouTube to brush up on multiplication and division of complex fractions with variables. X is what? 😂😂

Obviously I didn’t retain any pre algebra skills.. and math is a huge part of my career. 😂😂😂

Patcheslee

I literally had to watch YouTube to brush up on multiplication and division of complex fractions with variables. X is what? 😂😂

Obviously I didn’t retain any pre algebra skills.. and math is a huge part of my career. 😂😂😂
I had my 5th grader teaching me when I was checking her work because she never had math homework before COVID, the teacher already knew the methods are different. And said if I could solve it my way and getting a matching number it was fine. :cyclops:

21stamps

We have a tournament in 2 weeks, but DeWine still has not made an announcement for contact sports. (Originally had one for next weekend, that was cancelled due to current rules, and another one was in Tennessee, but we had to withdraw due to club travel rules right now)

So, our admin booked another one for Indiana the following weekend, just in case.
Also, we’ve rescheduled our first regular season game of the season to an Indiana soccer complex as well.
Technically both are in a 100 mile radius, so not breaking this season’s COVID travel rules.

Apparently we’re one of many who are fleeing Ohio while our governor makes up his mind.
He MUST realize this!!! We’re playing anyway, finding ways around his match restrictions.. so why not just clear it???? All ages are doing this. Doesn’t make any sense. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

21stamps

Can you post the link? I’m really curious to see what “slightly differed” in the wording. Does the article explain it?

I will say the “35%” for sports is really shocking. Though, out of 1100 people, I don’t know how many have kids in sports, especially in competitive sports, or play sports themselves. I’d like to see if that was explained too. As well as the school question, how it was worded, and what percentage have school aged children.

21stamps

Parents here are planning a large protest against a school district. The district decided to go fully virtual last minute, which means fall sports (including high school) are not allowed to even practice until a return to classroom.

There’s a lawsuit too.

DeWine is supposed to make an announcement on Tuesday.. but even if he allows play outside of scrimmages, the schools can still prohibit sports if virtual.

21stamps

This is why I trust the media less and less. All of the political questions included a breakdown of who was answering what.

Then, we get to the screenshots above, no details at all except for ‘random poll of 1100 adults’. And ‘wording of the questions may slightly differ’

Why not make sure you’re (NPR) polling parents in a poll about schools and sports? Why not say what the exact wording was?

Ugh.

Patcheslee

Made it through the first week of school. District wide 1 high school student positive, unknown number quarantined. DD11 so far is adapting well except for the restroom issue: go to class, then submit a restroom pass request via Chromebook, which they then have to wait for a restroom monitor to approve, go to the restroom, then have to sign back out. One request was submitted at the beginning of 3rd period and didn't get approved until 4th period. Classes are 40 minutes :mad:. I've told her from now on if it is urgent put in the request but make the classroom teacher aware she can't wait. She has my permission to walk out of the room if it's an emergency and they still expect this system to be followed.
On a side note after finding a "do you like me?" note scribbled in someone other than my daughters handwriting maybe I should opt for virtual :happy:

ImperfectPixie

Original Poster
Made it through the first week of school. District wide 1 high school student positive, unknown number quarantined. DD11 so far is adapting well except for the restroom issue: go to class, then submit a restroom pass request via Chromebook, which they then have to wait for a restroom monitor to approve, go to the restroom, then have to sign back out. One request was submitted at the beginning of 3rd period and didn't get approved until 4th period. Classes are 40 minutes :mad:. I've told her from now on if it is urgent put in the request but make the classroom teacher aware she can't wait. She has my permission to walk out of the room if it's an emergency and they still expect this system to be followed.
On a side note after finding a "do you like me?" note scribbled in someone other than my daughters handwriting maybe I should opt for virtual :happy:
WOW...the bathroom situation is a mess!

And AWWWW! to the side note!

drizgirl

That restroom issue is completely unacceptable.

Patcheslee

That restroom issue is completely unacceptable.
Yeah, she's more concerned with the fact she already has periods and what "might" happen, her age it's gotta be traumatic to have a leak.
It's inhumane. I'd go mama bear on them.
I will if they punish her, if I can afford Disney I can afford bail money or a lawyer ;). There's times people have to go and waiting isn't an option. Restrooms are not nor have they ever been a privilege.
But there has to be better solution, this school is already set for construction beginning 2022 because it doesn't have enough room for students due to increases in enrollment. They have 1 boys and 1 girls restroom in each hallway but they have to use their hallway restroom only right now with 130 kids per hallway.

Top Bottom