Children’s signature dining

PhilJamesWill

Original Poster
I have been looking at the menu for Jiko and Citricos. I think the options on the children’s section look quite plain and basic. Are children eating off the child menu still charged two table service credits at a signature restaurant? If so this seems poor value.

PhilJamesWill

Original Poster
Yes - 2 points, the value varies from place to place.
I don’t see why children should be charged 2 credits for the food on this menu. It’s no better than a 1 credit meal. Adults pay 2 credits for better, more expensive food.

Attachments

• 289B2849-7F95-485F-8E18-8AFC96BDB6E8.jpeg
    289B2849-7F95-485F-8E18-8AFC96BDB6E8.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 234

Weather_Lady

I don’t see why children should be charged 2 credits for the food on this menu. It’s no better than a 1 credit meal. Adults pay 2 credits for better, more expensive food.

You're absolutely right (although I have to note that the seared scallops and steak on the childrens' menu you posted aren't exactly typical kids' fare on most TS menus, so it's better than usual, even if not twice as good) -- but that's just how the DDP works (and is one of several reasons why the DDP is a poor value for my family -- we fare better paying out-of-pocket, especially when dining at signatures, since they cost twice as much if paying via DDP, but only about 150% of the out-of-pocket cost of a non-signature). You have to look hard to find the best values on the DDP, if your goal in using it is to save money. Just as the 1-credit restaurants vary hugely in value and quality, not all of the 2-credit options are really "worth" two credits, particularly for children -- doubly so for children whose tastes range beyond chicken nuggets and pasta. In fact, usually the best advice for those trying to save money on the DDP is to avoid signatures altogether, and concentrate on the most expensive 1-credit restaurants.

PhilJamesWill

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies. We got the dining plan free so it does represent good value to us. I know it’s often not good value if you’re paying for it. I just want to make the most of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom