Child on seperate reservation and Magic Band

bebert

Original Poster
I searched for a thread on this but, did not find one so sorry if it is a repeat.
For our trip in June my son is on another families room reservation. We are all supposed to arrive on the same day but, we will arrive earlier than the rest of the group (I don't have a lot of confidence they will leave their rest stop on time:mad:). While we can spend sometime at the pool, we may also want to head to a park earlier.
My concern/question is, if they check in online can we activate his magic band and head to a park or will they still have to physically complete the check-in before his band will be activated.
Also, I read about the direct to room system but, that option does not seem to be available on the website. Anyone have any information about direct to room at Pop Century.

Kingoglow

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think checking into a resort is tied to your use of tickets.

For example, if we arrive before our room is ready, then we cannot check in however we can still visit the park. As long as you have your band/ticket you should be able to spend your park day.

CaptainAmerica

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think checking into a resort is tied to your use of tickets.

For example, if we arrive before our room is ready, then we cannot check in however we can still visit the park. As long as you have your band/ticket you should be able to spend your park day.
Correct, the room reservation has nothing to do with the park tickets, except for "unlocking" FP+ at 60 days out. But even FP+ is technically separate from (though linked to) park admission.

Rob562

Actually, contrary to the earlier answers, the answer really depends on what type of reservation you have booked.

If you booked a Room Only and the ticket was purchased and linked separately, then yes, you can head to the parks before you check into the room.

But if you booked a package that the tickets are part of, you must check into the hotel first before the tickets can be used. I do not know what effect the direct-to-room system may have on this though, since you won't have to visit the desk, but since you're essentially completing the checkin process online, I'd presume that tickets would work right away.

-Rob

bebert

Original Poster
The room is only up to 4 people and they have an extra spot and will be staying with them of course.

Tom

Beta Return
Actually, contrary to the earlier answers, the answer really depends on what type of reservation you have booked.

If you booked a Room Only and the ticket was purchased and linked separately, then yes, you can head to the parks before you check into the room.

But if you booked a package that the tickets are part of, you must check into the hotel first before the tickets can be used. I do not know what effect the direct-to-room system may have on this though, since you won't have to visit the desk, but since you're essentially completing the checkin process online, I'd presume that tickets would work right away.

-Rob

I concur.

We have room, ticket and dining plan.

Define check-in, online check-in or actual physical check-in.

You will need to go to the hotel front desk and check in before any components of your MYW package become active. Same for your son and the other family.

Once they roll out the REAL "Online Check-In" (not the faux Online Check-In they've been using for years), this will eliminate the need to go to the front desk first. Everything will activate as soon as you virtually check-in through the app. But until that goes live everywhere, you still have to see a human before anything activates. Even if you get there at 9am, and your room won't be ready until 3pm.

asialeigh

The only thing you could do if the other family is not arriving at the same time as you is go to the Guest Relations window before you enter the park and have them check in his ticket early. That will only check in his tickets though and not the other components of his resort stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom