News Chicken Guy! coming to Disney Springs later this summer

mhaftman7

Agreed there are plenty of options, but when you see prices like this....you can't say they are affordable:

Boathouse
$22 for Fish Tacos
$25 for a Crab Cake
$24 for BBQ chicken
$18 for a cheeseburger
$21 for a Bacon Burger

D-Lux
A cheeseburger and regular Fries $15.00
$17.00 with a large fries
A chocolate shake...or ANY shake $7.50

The Edison
Caesar salad $11
Pulled Pork Sandwich $18
An apple Cobbler $12

Jock Lindsey's
Tuna Tacos $16
Empanadas $12
Popcorn Chicken $11
And those are just appetizers.

That's just a sampling of how expensive Disney Springs food is.

So it is very clear you are very passionate about this topic, so I feel the need to not just be dismissive about your feelings. To me, the answer is very, very simple: Don’t Go. Orlando, not just Disney World, is a resort town. People know that going there that things will be more expensive. If the quality justifies the cost, then no biggie. If it doesn’t, or it’s just not for you, then don’t go. I’m not got gonna berate you and call you derogatory names. I just don’t understand the desire to try to sway other people away? You’ve made a good majority of the posts in this thread trying to prove a point that we all get. You don’t feel like you are getting what you are paying for. Cool. Just move on to the next thing. Hopefully you actually like it.

PeakSeason

So it is very clear you are very passionate about this topic, so I feel the need to not just be dismissive about your feelings. To me, the answer is very, very simple: Don’t Go. Orlando, not just Disney World, is a resort town. People know that going there that things will be more expensive. If the quality justifies the cost, then no biggie. If it doesn’t, or it’s just not for you, then don’t go. I’m not got gonna berate you and call you derogatory names. I just don’t understand the desire to try to sway other people away? You’ve made a good majority of the posts in this thread trying to prove a point that we all get. You don’t feel like you are getting what you are paying for. Cool. Just move on to the next thing. Hopefully you actually like it.
Plus it's been posted in several different places that everything is going to be $7 or less.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
In true Fieri fashion, the restaurant will also feature some not-so-subtle personal touches, like a selfie wall with a life-size image of the Food Network star and employees who give customers his signature fist bump upon ordering.

The QS dining experience I never knew I wanted.

Last edited:

HwdStudio

Complete copy of Chjc-fil-a. They started the pickle juice brined chicken. It’s what gives their chicken that unique flavor. Personally I think think Guy Fieri is just as controversial as Chick-fil-a. Especially after firing the Guardians director because of things he said years ago. Guy said some pretty offensive things a few years ago.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Homecomin' -- Hush Puppy Benedict: Chef Art’s spin on the classic, with house made hush puppy cakes topped with fried chicken tenders, poached eggs, griddled country ham and pimento hollandaise. Choice of side item -- $20.00

Polite Pig -- Smoked & Fried Chicken: Sweet and Smoky BBQ, Duke's Mayo, Pickles and Romaine Slaw served with Pickle Spear -- $12.00

House of Blues -- Fried Chicken: a quarter bird drizzled with warm honey, slaw, corn on the cob, and mashed potatoes with gravy -- $20.00

D-Luxe -- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Fried Chicken Breast topped with Buffalo Sauce, Blue Cheese Crumbles Lettuce and Tomato -- $11.99

Planet Hollywood -- Kid's meal chicken fingers -- $9.99

T-Rex -- Chicken Fried Chicken: Country gravy, red skinned mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables -- $21.99

Raglan Road -- Gold'n Chicken: 2 deep fried chicken goujons and choice of mashed potatoes, mixed greens salad with ranch, Irish chips, or vegetable medley -- $9.00

mm121

I can to go Earl of Sandwich...and get a sandwich for $8.00...and everything else is a la carte and adds up to over $13 for a sandwich, bag of chips and a drink. That is not cheap.

Look, I get it, there are a bunch of Disney loyalists here and God forbid anyone dare to criticize Disney, but there are valid criticisms to be offered.
13 bucks is pretty normal for fast casual pretty much anywhere no matter what city your in.
Even a typical fast food combo at Wendy's or McDonaldscan get to like 9 bucks these days

Jon81uk

Not everything is overpriced at Disney springs.

Yep I thought Blaze is amazing value, that quality of pizza for under $10 is great. D-Luxe burgers isn't a bad price and there are a few other places you can get stuff for a reasonable price relative to the rest of WDW, but of course all food at WDW is more expensive than the average mall price.

Matt in the Hatt

Made me think of

Attachments

• 201201-185790-kfc-big-value-box-whole.jpg
    201201-185790-kfc-big-value-box-whole.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 103

Jon81uk

Agreed there are plenty of options, but when you see prices like this....you can't say they are affordable:

Boathouse
$22 for Fish Tacos
$25 for a Crab Cake
$24 for BBQ chicken
$18 for a cheeseburger
$21 for a Bacon Burger

D-Lux
A cheeseburger and regular Fries $15.00
$17.00 with a large fries
A chocolate shake...or ANY shake $7.50

The Edison
Caesar salad $11
Pulled Pork Sandwich $18
An apple Cobbler $12

Jock Lindsey's
Tuna Tacos $16
Empanadas $12
Popcorn Chicken $11
And those are just appetizers.

That's just a sampling of how expensive Disney Springs food is.

Those prices are consistent with the rest of Disneyworld though. Might be high compared to the "real" world, but a much worse quality burger and fries is $12-$15 at Cosmic Rays in the magic kingdom. Meals in any Disney resort restaurant are consistent (or more expensive) with the Boathouse and Jock Lindsey's is similar to other Disney lounges such as Trader Sam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom