Chef Rick Bayless to open Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs

betty rose

I hope they can modify to make dairy free choices. A lot of cheese. I love it, but can't digest it , even with lactaid. I can't have casein, or whey. I love Mexican Food, but I don't know if they have an alternative for a seriously allergic to anything having to do with dairy. I'm hoping someone can go and ask if they can make a dairy free version. That would be so great!

gdrj

I hope they can modify to make dairy free choices. A lot of cheese. I love it, but can't digest it , even with lactaid. I can't have casein, or whey. I love Mexican Food, but I don't know if they have an alternative for a seriously allergic to anything having to do with dairy. I'm hoping someone can go and ask if they can make a dairy free version. That would be so great!

TMI

jaklgreen

I think they would probably just leave the cheese off if you ask. Then most stuff you would be able to eat.

Slowjack

Nice to see that they will have a to go window because 3 out of 4 of my kids wouldn't eat there.:(
To be honest, with all the to-go and walk-up eating coming to the Springs, it would be nice if Disney had thought to put in some open tables, not associated with any particular eatery, so groups could split up to get what they want and then sit down to eat. As it is, it's like you are supposed to eat your sausages on the walk from B. B. Wolf's to Frontera, then your wife eats her tacos as you walk to the House of Blues, etc. (I have the same issue with the F&W Festival.)

djkidkaz

My reservation on open table was just cancelled this morning so either they moved the opening back or they aren't taking reservations right away.

WDWtraveler

Update: The restaurant was operating today for staff members only. The dining room was full as other staff members waited outside. Expect continued training this week. The staff said official opening was planned for Monday, June 27. Of course, there might be a soft opening earlier, for invited guests.

Last edited:

jensenrick

To be honest, with all the to-go and walk-up eating coming to the Springs, it would be nice if Disney had thought to put in some open tables, not associated with any particular eatery, so groups could split up to get what they want and then sit down to eat. As it is, it's like you are supposed to eat your sausages on the walk from B. B. Wolf's to Frontera, then your wife eats her tacos as you walk to the House of Blues, etc. (I have the same issue with the F&W Festival.)

I totally agree!
In fact, I'm curious about the impression of number of benches in the new areas - are they skimping on benches in DS like they do in the parks these days?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, June 24. While the restaurant won't officially open until Monday, June 27, the menu has been posted outside for several days now. Reservations will start July 1st. The restaurant will be walk-ups until then.

IMG_8048.JPG

IMG_8047.JPG

The chefs have a kitchen window to view the passersby. It overlooks the Pandora and Sprinkles locations. The umbrella is a reflection in the glass.

IMG_8044.JPG

The window coverings were removed several days ago. The interior contains both booths and tables.

IMG_8046.JPG

Last edited:

articos

Prices are mostly in line with his other sit-down restaurants. There's a Disney premium, but not too bad. The grab and go window may have cheaper items, like his Fresco locations, although I don't know - I haven't seen that menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom