Chef Remy's last day October 24

muteki

Glad we got to see him a while back, it was really something neat and added a lot to the experience.

Wasn't he originally supposed to only be there a few months?

Weather_Lady

That's a shame. I always wanted to see Remy but we hadn't made it there yet.

It would be fun if they'd put a few "hidden rats" around the restaurant as a replacement -- cartoonish ones representing the film characters, of course, which peek out at intervals from the eaves -- lest patrons think they're seeing the real thing.

JimboJones123

That's a shame. I always wanted to see Remy but we hadn't made it there yet.

It would be fun if they'd put a few "hidden rats" around the restaurant as a replacement -- cartoonish ones representing the film characters, of course, which peek out at intervals from the eaves -- lest patrons think they're seeing the real thing.
Screens.

asianway

Ugh. If TDO won't spring for a single Equity actor in Chefs de France, can Mo Rockin' and Off Kilter be far behind? Foamheads are always cheaper.
I don't really understand...doesn't the typical actor only make a few dollars more an hour? I think it's the stunt show & gymnasts that get the huge premium

ToTBellHop

I don't really understand...doesn't the typical actor only make a few dollars more an hour? I think it's the stunt show & gymnasts that get the huge premium
The Equity dinos on the elevated stage are pricey. As is Ellen. And then you have Ben Franklin who comes at a premium.
02-01-07-07.jpg

It was either fire the rat or raise ticket prices to $94.50 at Epcot.

Atomicmickey

Well, that's too bad. Hopefully only a refurb or something. Perhaps
the figure is just past its prime. Got to see him once and really
enjoyed it.

Polydweller

Ugh. If TDO won't spring for a single Equity actor in Chefs de France, can Mo Rockin' and Off Kilter be far behind? Foamheads are always cheaper.
The assumption in this statement is that it was Disney's decision. Do we know this for sure? The restaurant is not owned & operated by Disney so the three chefs who own it would have had to decide whether to pay for the character's continuation. Its most likely that they decided to drop it. Why would Disney not continue to do something they were getting paid to do?

nytimez

Remy was really well done, enjoyed seeing it.

Honestly, I wasn't sure it was the right place for something like that - I always imagined Chefs to be a little more of an "adult" experience (even though nothing really is anymore).

But, it worked nicely.

Bocabear

That would all make sense if they were building the Remy ride from DLRP back behind the pavilion....and while I was never a fan of Disney film characters in EPCOT, this exampled seemed to make sense... So much more than the Princess Hostile Takeover of Akershus...
A sweet little show. a magical little unexpected moment. Sad to lose it.

Kman101

Is he going to WDSP? I was surprised to read he was still there, I thought they got rid of him a while ago, like all of the things we can 'try out' but never get to keep (Lucky, Muppet Mobile Lab) all which would have fit perfectly in our parks but nooooo .... lol

Never experienced him, but another 'little touch' goes away, whether you liked Remy or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom