Cheese sauce back at WDW

Bacon

Is there a way JUST TO GET THE FRIES at Casey's cause I don't like hot dogs yet I want the artery clogging Gouda-ness of the cheese sauce.

MOXOMUMD

1st stop in the MK is to Casey's to pick up a 6 pack of plastic cheese. Then I'm set till lunchtime. I think I'm going to make it my mission the next time I'm there to dip everything they sell in plastic cheese.
A Mickey ice cream bar dipped in cheese doesn't sound appetizing. ;)

Jon81uk

I think I also read somewhere that the main reason they got rid of that self service cheese sauce is that it has very high saturated fat levels and Disney were trying to eliminate them from a lot of the theme park foods. I assume the prepackaged sauce contains more actual cheese and less junk.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think I also read somewhere that the main reason they got rid of he self service cheese sauce is that it has very high saturated fat levels and Disney were trying to eliminate them from a lot of the theme park foods. I assume the prepackaged sauce contains more actual cheese and less junk.
My guess: the company that makes the cheese sauce ran out of plastic.

Lora Baines Bradley

I have fond memories of me holding cups of the infamous sauce in Pecos Bills and the sauce accidentally pouring all over my hands. I was freaking out (I was only 11 or 12 at the time) and my mom was rushing me into the bathroom before I caused a scene...;)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I think I also read somewhere that the main reason they got rid of that self service cheese sauce is that it has very high saturated fat levels and Disney were trying to eliminate them from a lot of the theme park foods. I assume the prepackaged sauce contains more actual cheese and less junk.

I always assumed it was just Elmer's Glue, Food Coloring and Salt. Pretty low in fat I would think.

Disone

My review. The cheese sauce has to be asked for when you place your order and it cost an extra dollar plus tax. It comes in a cup. Pretty generous portion. Plenty for your portion of nuggets and most of your fries. It's a decent temperature though not as hot as the old cheese sauce was and also perhaps my memory just made me more fond of it but I didn't feel it was as flavorful. But for a dollar I would get it again.
20170724_200244.jpg

Bacon

I have a question? What is the closest thing to the cheese sauce I can get? Is it that bagged velveta sauce? Sorry for the bump

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom