Check In Observations/Procedures

MickeyCB

We had an interesting experience this stay. We were there Dec 17-21. We did a split stay AKL first 2 days, then moved to Bay Lake.
We received room ready txt and email for AKL went straight to the room bypassing the front desk, then headed to Hollywood Studios and everything worked fine.
The day we switched to BL I got a room ready txt and email at 8 am! I'm thinking this is awesome, we had bell services move our belongings to BL and went to Epcot. When we got there our dining plan did not work, the cashier told me I had no credits, (we had the full plan for the second stay purchased), and then they would not direct purchases/billing to our room, it went to straight to visa (I got a fraud alert from visa).
Late afternoon we went to the check in desk at BL and she re-set everything and we were good to go, but it was very inconvenient during the day as we were eating and buying souvenirs. I'm not sure what occurred to basically appear as if we weren't even guests at BL because I did the on line check in for both resorts/reservations.

DisneyJoe

We had an interesting experience this stay. We were there Dec 17-21. We did a split stay AKL first 2 days, then moved to Bay Lake.
We received room ready txt and email for AKL went straight to the room bypassing the front desk, then headed to Hollywood Studios and everything worked fine.
The day we switched to BL I got a room ready txt and email at 8 am! I'm thinking this is awesome, we had bell services move our belongings to BL and went to Epcot. When we got there our dining plan did not work, the cashier told me I had no credits, (we had the full plan for the second stay purchased), and then they would not direct purchases/billing to our room, it went to straight to visa (I got a fraud alert from visa).
Late afternoon we went to the check in desk at BL and she re-set everything and we were good to go, but it was very inconvenient during the day as we were eating and buying souvenirs. I'm not sure what occurred to basically appear as if we weren't even guests at BL because I did the on line check in for both resorts/reservations.
This has happened to me. Likely the first resort didn't release your account so that the second one could take over.

SirWillow

When we were there in October we got the texts. But we also had a notification in the MDE app and could look up our room number and other details there. So I'd say that if you don't get a text for some reason, check the MDE app the day before arrival and see if the room information is there.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
The same thing just happened to us when we moved from SSR to AKL. I was able to charge to my magic band but my dining plan wasnt showing up. I saved our dining receipts and when we got back to AKL they credited my Visa and took the proper food credits off our dining plan. But with a party of 11, with three different rooms it was pretty annoying!

MickeyCB

The same thing just happened to us when we moved from SSR to AKL. I was able to charge to my magic band but my dining plan wasnt showing up. I saved our dining receipts and when we got back to AKL they credited my Visa and took the proper food credits off our dining plan. But with a party of 11, with three different rooms it was pretty annoying!
Boy, I wish I had thought of that! I didn't think to get them to take the credits off the DDP and as a result was pushing the family to use up a few quick services we had at the end (that should have been deducted at Epcot)!
And then, even crazier, she added the unused snacks from the first 2 days to the second dining plan, and then we had 22 snack credits to use up in 2 1/2 days! At that point the kids were laughing as I was telling them, I don't care what you get, please get some snacks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom