Chearleaders Suck

Pan

Original Poster
I'm sure this thread got Tramp's attention. Not only are the chearleaders going to be invading Disney in early Feb, there are actually 2 separate competetions taking place. The first is the weekend of Feb 1-3. They have the Indiana Jones Stunt Show closed on Feb 2 for them to use. The second competetion is Feb8-12. Apparently there are no rooms available at the All-Stars and the CBR and CSR are filled. Doesn't sound like the parks are going to remain very empty for much longer. Am I getting all freaked out about this for nothing? Has anybody been down to Disney during these competetions and does it affect park attendance much? I'm having nightmares about standing in a queue with a bunch of way too spirited 15yo's practicing their routines and then being joined by a pack of annoying Brazilian teenagers chanting BRA-ZIL. Help Me!!:brick:

orlpassholder

little bit overreaction in my view (dont take this personal either) I have been there when they have had the comps etc. I did not see any problem with the cheerleaders they all acted like well teenagers from gigglish to smack on each other for no reason. Anyways I did not notice any problem with park attendance, and or wait time in rides beyond what they normally are.

NowInc

I wouldnt be too concerned with it...really...chances are you will notice they are there..but i dont think they will be much of a nucence (spelling?)...

mikeetler

I was there last year during the second week of Feb and there was a competition going. The only park that seemed to attract them was MK and other then their "practicing" on the que for Space Mountain it wasn't too bad.

We were staying at AS Sports, and other than a few noise issues and occasional lines for food, that wasn't too bad either. They were using chartered busses, so it didn't cause problems going to the parks.

If it follows the same schedule as last year, the 8th through 11th will be elimination rounds and most of the squads will be at the competition. Saturday is when they started hitting the parks.

StarscreamLSU

Over reacting much?

From my experience they weren't that bad, no worse than the Brazilian tour groups anyway - just a little more peppy.

What you really have to watch for is the guys showing off for the cheerleaders - that can get annoying (and be funny at the same time).

TURKEY

Cheerleaders = Good

I love the cheerleaders. :sohappy:

Looking at them and taking their orders make my day go by much faster.

I got to go out with a bunch of them one night.

Seriously, the cheerleader groups aren't that bad in the parks. They usually break up into small 10-15 person packs, not 50+ like the Brazilian tour groups that all want turkey legs at my cart.

My mom was down to visit during some of the competitions and stayed at All-Star. The cheerleaders were a lot more noticable there than at the parks. I also have stayed there during competitions and the practices late at night outside in the courtyard get kind of loud.

I would try and avoid staying at All-Stars during competitions, but IMO the parks are just fine.

DisneyPhD

I felt the same way one year when we were staying at CS. I was worried about it being over run with peepy cheerleaders. Turns out there was a different convention of medical and mental health works staying at CS. That bothered me more then cheerleaders, because that is my feild and I wanted to get away from all that. We soon learned to ignore the cell phones, suits and name tags with importand letters (MD, MSW ect.) behind them, and instead made fun of the poor saps being at WDW and not enjoying it. At least cheerleaders always seem to enjoy themselves. Also they do have to answer for there actions and if they are really rude, often get in trouble from their coaches. Most really are nice kids excited about being there.

The cheerleaders would act like any other teen group and yell back and forth at each other. Mostly you can "see them coming and go the other way." Cheering in the que lines is bothersome, but could be wrose. At least you could understand them and most have very good hgyine. (You know who I am talking about that doesn't.) My husband had fun making fun of them, but then he is good at that. I was a cheerleader in high school, and he was a band geek. :lol:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by DisneyPhD
I was a cheerleader in high school, and he was a band geek. :lol:

HEY! Be nice to us band geeks......being a band geek in HS allowed me to be in a university marching band, which allowed me trips to 2 Rose Bowls (w/performances at DL), Florida, Vegas, NYC, TX, AZ, The Final Four, and more away games than I can count.

Being a "band geek" has it's privileges

NowInc

Originally posted by Fievel

HEY! Be nice to us band geeks......being a band geek in HS allowed me to be in a university marching band, which allowed me trips to 2 Rose Bowls (w/performances at DL), Florida, Vegas, NYC, TX, AZ, The Final Four, and more away games than I can count.

being an "ex band geek" pays me very handsomly ;)

Lhriangel

Okay the only noticeable annoyance with the high school cheerleaders was them practicing in Mousegear and almost tripping over them. Other than that... not much of a problem in Epcot. I don't think they LIKED Epcot so maybe when you know they will be in the parks go to the one they avoid. lol

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Fievel

I must appologize to all my fellow band geeks. My wife hijax the computer during the day and increases my post count and I don't always get to edit her responses. While I'm not exactly a chick magnet, I did "attract" her, and, as she mentioned, she is a former cheerleader. I am now a Chemistry Geek attempting to bring others into the fun world of science.:snore:

I must agree with Turkey Leg Boy that I LOVE CHEERLEADERS too.

Pan

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the reassurance. I really don't mind the chearleaders presence that much, just trying to be a wiseguy in my post. More concerned about the effects on crowds and lines at the park, but it sounds like not much of a problem. I am glad though that I'm not staying at the All-Stars that weekend. Leaving in three days, I can hardly contain myself!!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom