Cheap WDW for UK visitiors.

AndyS2992

Visitors*

Ok guys, I have been to WDW several times and every time it has cost about £6000 ($10,000) each time. Due to recent financial constraints another trip seems unlikely unless we can get a good deal. So I'm hoping you guys can help, particularly from other UK/European members.

Details:
4 Adults
2 Weeks
Intend to visit WDW and Universal Orlando
Stay on property at a value but offsite is also fine
Need to fly from Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham or London
Intend to stay late August or September
Renal car required
Do not need DDP or any extras

I've looked at travel agents, Disney Travel etc and cheapest I can get is still around £5000 which is too much. £4000 and below is what I am aiming for or is this impossible?

If there is already a similar thread please point me to it.

Thanks.

real mad hatter

Dear Andy..A Song comes to mind.".A dream is a wish your heart makes.".Iam kinda in the same boat now..Retired from a full time profession making £350000 per year. Now semi professional musician making 1/4 of that.But to your question..I reckon if you can a get deal for £4000 you've on a watch ( so to speak )Best price for 3 adults in October 2014 in a mod with 14 day ult/park hoppers & fee QS DDP with coach transfers was £4.990. That was with Thomson holidays on their new Dreamliner..When I consider what we would save in food,it is a good deal..But to hit your target of under £4000 is a big ask..

Upvote 0

AndyS2992

Original Poster
Dear Andy..A Song comes to mind.".A dream is a wish your heart makes.".Iam kinda in the same boat now..Retired from a full time profession making £350000 per year. Now semi professional musician making 1/4 of that.But to your question..I reckon if you can a get deal for £4000 you've on a watch ( so to speak )Best price for 3 adults in October 2014 in a mod with 14 day ult/park hoppers & fee QS DDP with coach transfers was £4.990. That was with Thomson holidays on their new Dreamliner..When I consider what we would save in food,it is a good deal..But to hit your target of under £4000 is a big ask..

I assumed so :( Thanks Hatter :)

People I work with claim they go really cheap but when I press for details they are reluctant to tell me or say they can't remember lol so they are either doing something dodgy or outright lying.

Upvote 0

Sans Souci

HAve you checked All Star Vacation Homes for accommodations? They have 2 BR condos starting at $129/night and you can do a self-catering type thing. You can get tickets from somewhere legit like Undercover Tourist. These are just some ideas off the top of my head. I don't know if this helps you or not.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

It certainly pays to shop around.Ive a friend off next week 2 adults 1 child..2 weeks at POFQ from Glasgow to Sanford..Free QS dining,& coach transfers,14 day park hoppers..And he paid £5.500 with Thomas Cook..Same deal with Thomsons on exactly same criteria..£5.270.. I haven't the heart to tell him..:( I know Virgin are the dearest here in Scotland.I have even tried booking thro Ocean Florida & Attractions Direct & Disney itself & getting my own flights..Not much of a saving..

Upvote 0

Berry91

Thomson do an all in one package which is for two weeks in a value and includes your 14 day ticket... we got ours for sept at £1200 per person time we added universal tickets and extra luggage it was just under £1500 per person... but we did book universal tickets with Thomson. Sometimes.playing around with dates can make it cheaper and also airports... but then obv you have consider costs to go to the airports etc... but we found by moving our holiday a week forward it was a bit cheaper (not alot but every little helps) :)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

have you tried travel city direct? Owned by virgin but cheaper than virgin.
Travel City..Here's a story..Waiting for our coach to pick us up at PORS in 2008 on our last day,we saw this family arguing in a loud Scottish twang ( accent ) The father then came over to me and asked if we were heading to Sanford.They we're from Aberdeen in Scotland.Booked thro Travel Direct..No coach picked them up at Sanford ( they paid £330 for the transfers ) and never met a representative the whole to weeks..They asked if they could get on our coach as their flight was taking off in 3 hours..We were with First Choice and our rep took them on our coach..

Upvote 0

karl75

Travel City..Here's a story..Waiting for our coach to pick us up at PORS in 2008 on our last day,we saw this family arguing in a loud Scottish twang ( accent ) The father then came over to me and asked if we were heading to Sanford.They we're from Aberdeen in Scotland.Booked thro Travel Direct..No coach picked them up at Sanford ( they paid £330 for the transfers ) and never met a representative the whole to weeks..They asked if they could get on our coach as their flight was taking off in 3 hours..We were with First Choice and our rep took them on our coach..

2008 was the year that they went bust then later that year virgin took over. Still under the name of travel city but now owned by virgin and atol protected. so you get all the transfers through virgin like on last day drop your cases off at downtown disney in the morning giving you the rest of the day with just your hand luggage. not trying to big them up or anything.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom