Charging gratuity to room with magic band question

dig311dug

Original Poster
If one uses their magic band (which is linked to their room with a credit card on file) at a restaurant, and then writes in the gratuity... is there a delay in the time that it goes to the room account?

As restaurants outside of the world usually have a 4day period before the tip shows up on your credit card billing.

another question in reference to this... can the server charge the meal and tip at the same time in one transaction? (Might be awkward if they suck and get a <15% tip, but yolo)

BrianV

Usually when you charge a meal to a credit card (not specifically at wdw) the base amount shows up as a pre-authorization. Then when the charge finally goes through, it is the full meal and tip. I've never had them show up as separate charges on my bill though indeed some times it takes several days to get charged.

I can't remember magic bands. My thinking is it must happen simultaneously because you could stay at disney just one day, and when you check out, they have all your charges there, including tips. But I can't say for sure.

dig311dug

Original Poster
I can't remember magic bands. My thinking is it must happen simultaneously because you could stay at disney just one day, and when you check out, they have all your charges there, including tips. But I can't say for sure.

That's what I was thinking... but they do have the card on file to add any other charges ??

Ben_since_1971

It is simultaneous. I went to the Yachtsman Steakhouse last Monday night and checked out Tuesday morning. The email that contained my bill was received Tuesday morning and had the charged amount (tip and glass of wine - we were on a DP) on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom