Character-themed cones coming to Magic Kingdom

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Starting Feb 24 2019 and priced at $5.29

The Hei Hei Cone features a blue sugar cone topped with raspberry soft-serve, pineapple Dole Whip, sugar eyes, and sour candy. You’ll find it at Aloha Isle in Adventureland.

The Lost Princess Cone is a purple one and comes topped with lemon soft-serve and edible flowers, available at Storybook Treats.

The “Adventure is Out There” Cone is a blue sugar cone topped with mango soft-serve and a candy balloon piece available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies.

ToTBellHop

I am SO SICK of Instagram culture. How about we make food with inventive flavor profiles and merely looking appetizing is enough? And no more randomly painted walls?

This obsession with making food look like something else without any regard for flavor has got to stop. As do the pictures with your nasty facial expression while you hold said food in front of said wall. We are devolving.

CaptainAmerica

I am SO SICK of Instagram culture. How about we make food with inventive flavor profiles and merely looking appetizing is enough? And no more randomly painted walls?

This obsession with making food look like something else without any regard for flavor has got to stop. As do the pictures with your nasty facial expression while you hold said food in front of said wall. We are devolving.
Come on dude.

I hate "Instagram culture" as much as you do, but it just doesn't apply in this case. Instagram came out in 2010. Disney has been selling Mickey shaped food, Snow White "poison" candy apples, and countless other novelty treats for decades. Not everything is about "flavor profile," sometimes it's just fun to munch on an ice cream bar shaped like a cartoon mouse's head, especially for children.

ToTBellHop

Come on dude.

I hate "Instagram culture" as much as you do, but it just doesn't apply in this case. Instagram came out in 2010. Disney has been selling Mickey shaped food, Snow White "poison" candy apples, and countless other novelty treats for decades. Not everything is about "flavor profile," sometimes it's just fun to munch on an ice cream bar shaped like a cartoon mouse's head, especially for children.
Then why is it 24-year old girls buying this crap?

Kevin_W

Starting Feb 24 2019 and priced at $5.29

The Hei Hei Cone features a blue sugar cone topped with raspberry soft-serve, pineapple Dole Whip, sugar eyes, and sour candy. You’ll find it at Aloha Isle in Adventureland.

The Lost Princess Cone is a purple one and comes topped with lemon soft-serve and edible flowers, available at Storybook Treats.

The “Adventure is Out There” Cone is a blue sugar cone topped with mango soft-serve and a candy balloon piece available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies.

View attachment 351759

Nice job by the photographer of having the girls all hold their cones towards the camera and then using a wide-angle lens to make the cones appear much larger.

aliceismad

This is Disney! They’re going to make things that look fun and appeal to children and people who love Disney characters. How is this different from a Cheshire Tail or even a Mickey bar? I remember when I was a child, my parents taking pictures in certain spots and with certain treats in Disneyland, and that was 30+ years ago. People haven’t changed. Just technology.

I don’t have Instagram. But if Disney gets free marketing out of people posting their own photos, of course they're going to use that if they can. I fail to see how someone snapping a photo in front of the Popsicle wall is any different than someone snapping a picture in front of the castle. It doesn't affect anyone else's vacation. (Unless they are obnoxiously standing in the way or something, of course.)

I also fail to see how this "flavor profile" is a problem. (Pineapple, raspberry, mango, and lemon are all tasty, the additions of candy are minimal.) Are you expecting artisinal Apple Cider Sorbet, Sweet Corn Gelato, or Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream? (All part of desserts from the F&G Epcot tents, BTW.) How is that less hipster or instagram culture?

jaklgreen

Have you seen the food in the Disneylands in Asia? They are amazingly themed and I feel like we are getting jypped. Most of the foods there are themed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom