Character Palooza??

ExtinctJenn

I've seen The Incredibles and Sorcerer Mickey there on regular occasions. Downstairs, the characters change out with whatever the latest movie release is. Other than that I know there are a few others I've seen in there randomly... mostly Pixar characters for some reason. :)

Upvote 0

Alison1975

Original Poster
I've seen The Incredibles and Sorcerer Mickey there on regular occasions. Downstairs, the characters change out with whatever the latest movie release is. Other than that I know there are a few others I've seen in there randomly... mostly Pixar characters for some reason. :)

it doesn't run all day right?

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

I'm wondering which characters are in there right now too. We met Bolt and Rhino a few years ago which was pretty awesome. Socerer Mickey is always in there. Last I knew it was Pooh and friends, but I'm sure it's somebody else now.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

it doesn't run all day right?
There are always characters in there but which ones changes all the time. I've been in there before when there were 5 different character greets at once and then I've been there when there was only one. The only consistency I've seen has been the section where they have the characters from the latest movie release. For example, when they released the Pooh movie last year, Pooh and friends were down there. On one occasion I remember meeting Chicken Little, another the characters from Up, etc.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

I met the Incredibles and some UP! charectors.... :)

75.gif

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Character Palooza is completely different from the meet and greets that are there regularly. Sorcerer Mickey, the Pooh Gang, and The Incredibles have regularly scheduled meet and greets in the Animation Building.

Character Palooza used to happen at around 4:50 on non-Fantasmic nights. Now that Fantasmc is back to every night, it's apparently still occurring. It's not advertised and is meant to be seen as a "surprise.". The characters that show up are all characters that also appear in Fantasmic. I've been there for it several times and have seen Stitch, Jafar, Mary Poppins and one of the Penguins, Pluto, and the Hag in various different groups.

Upvote 0

Mr.Skunkape

At the dance party characters come out in pairs and dance with the crowd and you can take pictures as the dance. No line like a meet & greet. I have seen Mickey & Minni, Goofy,Pluto,June,Handy Manny and others.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I didn't know there was a magic time, but that makes sense. I've noticed really random characters there at times, and only scheduled characters there at other times. We've seen Mary Poppins w/penguin there before - that was my favorite. We've also seen the Up characters, Bolt characters, Incredibles, Sorcerer Mickey, and countless others. That's one of my favorite character places!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Character Palooza is completely different from the meet and greets that are there regularly. Sorcerer Mickey, the Pooh Gang, and The Incredibles have regularly scheduled meet and greets in the Animation Building.

Character Palooza used to happen at around 4:50 on non-Fantasmic nights. Now that Fantasmc is back to every night, it's apparently still occurring. It's not advertised and is meant to be seen as a "surprise.". The characters that show up are all characters that also appear in Fantasmic. I've been there for it several times and have seen Stitch, Jafar, Mary Poppins and one of the Penguins, Pluto, and the Hag in various different groups.

This. This is characterpalooza.

During the day Sorcerer Mickey, The Incredibles, and whatever movie they happen to be promoting will be out pretty much all day. Check your park map for exact hours. The movie had been Up with Dug, Russell, Carl. Then it became Lotso from TS3. And now it is Winnie the Pooh. I wouldn't be surprised to see it change again at some point in the near future.

But characterpalooza would typically happen on days that there was no early F!. All the F! characters would possibly make random appearances in the animation studios. Mary Poppins, Penguins, Chip, Dale, Pinocchio, Hook, Smee, Meeko, Genie, Jafar, Goofy, Minnie, Pocahontas are all ones I have seen in there lately. The characters would do a 20 minute set, then a new group come out, and then they each would do 1 more set. Just because you saw a character during set 1, doesn't necessarily mean you will see the same one in set 3. Likely, but not guaranteed. If they are still doing it daily, then thats awesome.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

But characterpalooza would typically happen on days that there was no early F!. All the F! characters would possibly make random appearances in the animation studios. Mary Poppins, Penguins, Chip, Dale, Pinocchio, Hook, Smee, Meeko, Genie, Jafar, Goofy, Minnie, Pocahontas are all ones I have seen in there lately. The characters would do a 20 minute set, then a new group come out, and then they each would do 1 more set. Just because you saw a character during set 1, doesn't necessarily mean you will see the same one in set 3. Likely, but not guaranteed. If they are still doing it daily, then thats awesome.
I have honestly never heard of this. How cool! We always chose our DHS day around Fantasmic so maybe that's why we've never seen it... that or the fact that we rarely if ever go into the Animation Building now (it was a huge favorite of mine back when it was an actual animation studio though). I almost want to make sure to pop in there around 5pm on the next trip just to see if it's happening. Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom