Character meal w/2 year old - Food?

noname70

Original Poster
Hi-We plan on attending 2 chartater meals (Liberty Tree and Garden Grill) with our 2 year old. Since pricing starts for 3 and up, does she simply eat off of our plates? Can we get sepatate drinks and food for her w/o paying?

wannab@dis

noname70 said:
Hi-We plan on attending 2 chartater meals (Liberty Tree and Garden Grill) with our 2 year old. Since pricing starts for 3 and up, does she simply eat off of our plates? Can we get sepatate drinks and food for her w/o paying?
We just returned and were in the same predictament. We had the Disney Dining plan, but things should work the same whether you have it or not.

We didn't pay for any of our little girl's food or drinks at a Disney table service restaurant. Just make sure they know she's considered an 'infant' and is under 3. We always got her a milk or juice and sometimes her own item off the child's menu and we weren't charged extra. Several times, she just ate off our plates. We did have to purchase any food she ate at a counter service location.

Hope that helps and enjoy your trip!! :wave:

pacochran

We did Liberty Tree Tavern this month for the first time, my kids are older so I don't know about the drinks, but I know that the food is served family style, so you can give her what she wants and you can order more so the food shouldn't be a problem.

We've never been to Garden Grill so can't comment on that one.

Have fun.

SallyShine

pacochran said:
We did Liberty Tree Tavern this month for the first time, my kids are older so I don't know about the drinks, but I know that the food is served family style, so you can give her what she wants and you can order more so the food shouldn't be a problem.

We've never been to Garden Grill so can't comment on that one.

Have fun.

Did you like the Liberty Tree? I'm considering it for our next trip. There just aren't any great places to eat in the MK.

wannab@dis

SallyShine said:
Did you like the Liberty Tree? I'm considering it for our next trip. There just aren't any great places to eat in the MK.
Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace are both wonderful and I've heard good reviews for CRT and Tony's. Most of the counter service locations are good and don't forget about Columbia Harbor House.

We've never had a problem getting some good food at MK. :wave:

pacochran

My whole family liked Liberty Tree Tavern, the food was good, the service was good and we liked the characters. The food was Turkey, Stuffing, Ham, Mashed Potato's, Macraroni and Cheese and I believe green beans was the vegtable. We loved it all. The characters were great and we actually got to see them twice except for one. They have Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Chip and Dale.

I haven't been to Crystal Palace but have also heard of great things, and they are Pooh Characters.

To tell the truth I haven't been really un-happy with anywhere that I have eaten at WDW.

tigsmom

SallyShine said:

We love the Character meal at The Liberty Tree Tavern... the food (served family style- all you care to eat) is quite tasty. We loved the flank steak so much I have made it here at home a few times. :slurp: The Characters in Colinial garb is out of the ordinary and makes the meal fun. We've had lunch there too (not character, all you care to eat) and the food is equally as yummy; my hubby actually prefers lunch to dinner there. If you haven't checkd out the menu yet, Click Here for Lunch or Click Here for Dinner. (Child's menu)http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ltt.htm

Laura

Premium Member
They don't care if the under 3 year olds just share off your plate.

I also bring tons of juice boxes with me into the parks so that's what my 2 year old drinks at the meals if they don't serve her a drink.

coln84

SallyShine said:

For counter service I always enjoyed going to Cosmic Rays. Everyone in your part can get something they want since they have chicken, burgers, soups and salads. I always enjoyed the rotissare chicken. 8 bucks for it wasn't too bad either, only a little more then what it would cost at publix.

shari71

Table service where it is a buffet or set menu is free for infants under 3. Everything else has to be paid for. We just got back with our 5 and 2 year old. We split the counter service meals between them since they were usually large anyway. The snacks were shared as well, but she ate at the table service places and only one challenged us on paying for her, and she eats like a bird.

phweature

My mom, 2 year old daughter and I just returned from WDW where we ate at the Garden Grill for lunch. My daughter was given her own entree plate of chicken fingers and mac and cheese, her own drink, which you can choose from the regular drink options, and her own dessert, a cupcake that she could decorate with icing, spinkles and m&m's, which we were not charged for. Plus she was able to pick from our plates. The only place we paid for her food was the Liberty tree tavern, b/c we ordered a seperate child's dish for her, which was well worth $6.99. BTW, all the food was great!

magicmom

All the buffet or family style restaurants are free for under 3. They staff told us to just get them a separate plate at the buffet or they brought us one for the family style. We had the food plan too and had to pay for counter service stuff for my twin 20 month olds. The two of them together eat more than my 5 year old so some stuff we switch and gave them the food plan and bought something smaller for my picky 5 year old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom