Character Meal for adults?

Keyda

Is there a character dining experience that you would recommend for adults?

I am going in October with my fiance and it will be the first time for the two of us to go by ourselves (yeah for no family).
I
am considering Character Dining for a dinner of fun. Any Thoughts

Laurel

bgraham34

Any Character dining is great for adults in my opinion. My favorites are Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace which features Winnie The Pooh. The make you feel like a kid when the characters come around.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

Just go to the one that has the characters you want to see. My DW and I really enjoyed Cinderella's Royal table and they paid us as much attention as they did familys with kids and I think we had more fun.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Keyda

Original Poster
So the Crystal Palace is good?
I haven't eaten there since they first redid it into the Winnie the Pooh dining. I am a Pooh fanatic (including being 28 and still sleeping with my bear and having a tattoo) but I just remember going and my parents being very disappointed. I can't remember if it was the food or they just liked the Old Crystal Palace better. I will say I remember the Old Crystal Palace had the best meat raviolis ever!

Upvote 0

PeaJay18

My and my soon-to-be wife are at WDW in Oct on our honeymoon, and we've booked a few character meals -

Breakfastsaurus, 1900 Park Fare, Liberty Tree and even a Royal Table breakfast.

I enjoy seeing the characters interact with others as much as myself, so we don't feel that character meals are just for kids - it certainly doesnt matter to the character that you're a supposed "grown-up" :)

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

So the Crystal Palace is good?
I haven't eaten there since they first redid it into the Winnie the Pooh dining. I am a Pooh fanatic (including being 28 and still sleeping with my bear and having a tattoo) but I just remember going and my parents being very disappointed. I can't remember if it was the food or they just liked the Old Crystal Palace better. I will say I remember the Old Crystal Palace had the best meat raviolis ever!
We really enjoy Crystal Palace - but probably mostly because I'm a big Eeyore fan. The food is good for a buffet - though no where near as good as Boma's buffet. It's not spectacular, but as I said for a buffet it's ok. I think, considering you're a big Pooh fan, you'd love it!

I would also recommend Garden Grill or 1900 Park Fair. DH and I ate at Cindy's and Chef Mickeys and will probably not go back until we have children. We are probably the biggest adult-kids you can find in the parks, but we just didn't get as much enjoyment out of these places. They were a bit too loud at times - especially Chef Mickeys.

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

Is there a character dining experience that you would recommend for adults?

I am going in October with my fiance and it will be the first time for the two of us to go by ourselves (yeah for no family).
I
am considering Character Dining for a dinner of fun. Any Thoughts

Laurel
SERIOUSLY...I took my DW when she was DGF and we did CP and Liberty Tree and she loved it! I guess its just the whole makes ya feel like a kid again thing:ROFLOL: HECK i loved just watching her was great for both us! Have a wonderfull time and I'm sure whatever you plan will be "Magical" :wave:

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I was going to suggest the Garden Grill too if you're in Epcot. It has really nice ambiance what with the slow turn through the LWTL ride and tends to not be nearly as loud as the restaurants that are normal "big rooms full of people".

Maybe you could try Crystal Palace in MK for Pooh and Garden Grill in EPCOT for ambiance. :wave:

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

I was going to suggest the Garden Grill too if you're in Epcot. It has really nice ambiance what with the slow turn through the LWTL ride and tends to not be nearly as loud as the restaurants that are normal "big rooms full of people".

Maybe you could try Crystal Palace in MK for Pooh and Garden Grill in EPCOT for ambiance. :wave:
As you'd guess I agree with this poster. If you do these two, you'd see your favorite character at one place and meet the more mainstream characters at the other. :)

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

For adults I think any character dining resturant would be nice. It depends on what characters you want to see. Since you are a Pooh fan, I would also suggest Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. I also enjoy the Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK and Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. If you are into Cinderella, 1900 Park Fare offers a dinner buffet with Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Fairy Godmother and the mice. Have a great time :wave:

Upvote 0

MissM

We did Crystal Palace for Love's Birthday in February. (Photos!) It was a great time. I was worried that it would be weird being three adults, no kids in a character meal. But I got just as excited as the little kids and it was a lot of fun.
-m

Upvote 0
I'd like to add a question of a similar topic.

I was reading through this thread and it looked like most of the comments deal with couples or groups of adults (with no children). My question doesn't actually deal with multiple adults, but a party of just one adult. I'm asking this because on my next trip (hopefully in December), I'm thinking of going to one of the Character meeting meals. At the moment, I havn't quite decided which one I'm planning to go to, but the Garden Grill was one of my possibilities, and Tusker House (when they finish the changes to it) was another option.....

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

We always do 1900 Park Fare. I liked Cinderella's Royal Table but a little too much of a mad house in there with all the kiddies running around. 1900 Park Fare is more subdued so it is more enjoyable if it is just the two of you. Plus I like having breakfast with Winnie the Pooh :)

Upvote 0

AEfx

Liberty Tree (if you enjoy the type of food offered) is a great choice because the restaurant seating isn't so cafeteria-style where you are in the view/viewing dozens of families at once. It's a huge place, but feels more cozy.

Garden Grille is a great choice as well for many of the same reasons. You'll be fine as two adults at any character meal, but these two would be my first choices.

Good luck!

AEfx

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I recommend:
The Crystal Palace for b'fast, lunch or dinner at the MK:slurp:
Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner at the MK:slurp:
1900 Park Fare for b'fast, lunch or dinner at the GF:slurp:
'Ohana's for b'fast, lunch or dinner at the Poly (b'fast is character meal):slurp:
Cape May Cafe' for b'fast, lunch or dinner at BC (b'fast is a character meal):slurp:
The Garden Grill for lunch or dinner at Epcot:slurp:
Cinderella's Royal Table for b'fast, lunch or dinner at the MK:slurp:
Mickey's Backyard BBQ at FW (dinner show):slurp:
Hoop Dee Doo Revue at FW (dinner show)
Spirit of Aloha at the Poly (dinner show)
Chef Mickey's for b'fast, lunch or dinner at the CR:slurp:
:wave:

Upvote 0

disneydudette

We're traveling in Sept with two adults and we booked:

Cape May Cafe (breakfast): It's one of the few places left that offer chip and dale as characters and we really liked the setting. It seemed to be one of the most "adult friendy" places with nice decor, food offerings, and more of a relaxed, laid back environment.

Crystal Palace (dinner): This appeared to have one of the best dinner buffets out of all the character meals. We loved the environment and have eaten here in the past. We consider it to be very adult friendly!

Donalds Breafastsaurus (breakfast): This was one of few options for our AK day... but we're looking forward to it. I still have somewhat mixed feelings about it just based on recent reviews... but we have a later PS time, so I'm not as worried about it.

We chose all 3 of those for several reasons: we get to see most/all of the main characters, great food offerings, adult friendly environments/locations, and theming. We're looking forward to all 3!

We ate at Chef Mickeys this past vacation and was hardly impressed and rather disapointed. We didn't enjoy the enviroment and considered the character interaction to be VERY poor. We won't be returning anytime soon.

We're also fans of Ohana's and the Garden Grill. I hear great things about LLT though and just didn't have the time for our next vacation.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom