Character Dining at my proposed 6th Disney theme park (upon opening)

KentB3

Original Poster
This is a list of the various Character Meals for my propsed 6th Disney theme park as of opening day. Like the character meals at WDW and Disneyland, a small group of characters will each visit, chat with (face characters only) and pose for pictures with guests while they eat!

According to mkt (who seems to know the most about the subject of character CM's), the maximium number of characters that appear inside the dining hall (at least for Chef Mickey's and Cinderella's Royal Table) is 7; 8 if you count the Fairy Godmother in the lobby at CRT. With that, each meal will have 5-7 characters greeting guests during their meals. Here is what I now have so far:

MAGIC KINGDOM:

Crystal Palace: Similar to its WDW and Tokyo Disneyland counterparts, the Crystal Palace is a buffet restaurant located on Main Street USA towards the central hub, but can also be accessed from Adventureland in the back! Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit, and Eeyore greet guests at all 3 meals! (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)

Lumière's: Located on the second floor of Beauty and the Beast castle, Lumière's features a character breakfast with a menu similar to Cinderella's Royal Table, but customer's will have several different choices to order from instead of the same pre-plated dish for everyone. Also, Lumière's is much larger than Cinderella's Royal Table; with 260 seats instead of CRT's 130, making it considerably easier to get Priority Seating! :D

Characters at Lumière's character breakfast include Belle, Vincent (the Beast following his transformation), Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora (a.k.a. Sleeping Beauty, who greets guests in the lobby), Aladdin, Jasmine, and Peter Pan.

DISNEY STUDIOS:

Hollywood & Vine "Cafeteria of the Stars". Similar to Disney-MGM's restaurant, Hollywood & Vine has a Hollywood Heyday theme. Includes character meals at Breakfast and Lunch.

Breakfast & Lunch: Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck (in Hollywood starlet outfits), with Goofy (in a Gangster outfit), Pluto, Chip, & Dale.

Soundstage Restaurant: basically the same as the former Disney-MGM restaurant, with a Character Dinner.

Dinner: Aladdin, Jasmine, the Genie, Belle, the Beast, Quasimodo (a.k.a. The Hunchback of Notre Dame), and Esmerelda.

DOWNTOWN DISNEY

Chef Mickey's: basically the same as the restaurant at WDW's Contemporary Resort, serving Breakfast and Dinner. Characters at both meals include Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, & Dale.

DISNEYLAND HOTEL:
1900 Park Faire: Similar to its WDW counterpart, this restaurant's theme is that of a turn-of-the-century circus, complete with a real carousel horse as part of the island's decor!

Breakfast: Alice, the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit, Mary Poppins, Pinocchio, & Geppetto.

Afternoon Tea: For children 3-10, similar to the event at the Grand Floridian's 1900 Park Faire; with Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the White Rabbit.

Dinner: Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Fairy Godmother, Pinocchio, and Geppetto. I replaced Suzy and Perla with Pinocchio and Geppetto to offer something different from the Grand Floridian's Cinderella's Gala Feast.

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD HOTEL:

Roger's Buffeteria: Simply put, this is a buffet restaurant themed to the 1988 film Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Roger is joined at Breakfast and Dinner by a wide variety of his Disney friends.

Breakfast: Roger, Goofy, Max, Rakifi, and Timmon

Dinner: Roger, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Peter Pan. In case you're wondering about the character lineup for this meal, one of the things I wanted was at least one "face character" at one of Roger's meals. For those who have seen WDW's Share a Dream Come True parade, Mickey has his own float, which reads "It All Started With a Mouse", and since Mickey is not with the Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto on the "Big 5" float, he is replaced by Peter Pan. From what I have seen so far, Peter has the best chemistry with the "cartoony" characters of all the face characters, which will make this group work, as well as providing a little variety in terms of character lineup!

DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT:

Contemporary Café:

Breakfast: a buffet offering a menu similar to Donald's Breakastosarus in WDW's Animal Kingdom, but stripped of its prehistoric and safari theming. Characters include Donald, Daisy, Uncle Scrooge, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, and Pluto.

If anyone has questions, comments, and/or suggestions, please feel free to post! :)

KentB3

Original Poster
Originally posted by meeko_33785
Looks good. I would tone down Lumiere's though. 8 characters is alot to one meal. 5 or 6 would be more like it.

Actually, the 8 includes Aurora, who greets guests in the lobby. There's 7 inside the dining hall. I PM'ed mkt a while back about the minimum/maximum number of characters for character meals. He wrote that 7 was the maximum for Cinderella's Royal Table, 8 if you include the Fairy Godmother in the lobby. So I was just going by his guidelines!

KentB3

Original Poster
Looks good. I would tone down Lumiere's though. 8 characters is alot to one meal. 5 or 6 would be more like it.

I checked Birnbaum's Official Guide to WDW, which lists the character meals in the back of the book. Chef Mickey's has 6 characters listed; Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip, & Dale. Most have 5, and a few have 4. CRT, OTOH, only lists "Cinderella and friends like Snow White and Belle". Since I've never been there yet, I really have not idea how many generally show up at these meals. Also, mkt did say 7 was the maximum for some such as CRT, but I don't recall seeing that many in any of the character meals I have read about in books or on the Internet.

meeko_33785

CRT is usually 5 or 6 characters (4 Princesses, a Prince (or another Princess if a Prince cannot make it), and the Fairy Godmother in the lobby). They can have up to 7 though, but only if they put in a random character. The random character will usually be put in the lobby with the FGM insteed of in the dinning room.

KentB3

Original Poster
CRT is usually 5 or 6 characters (4 Princesses, a Prince (or another Princess if a Prince cannot make it), and the Fairy Godmother in the lobby). They can have up to 7 though, but only if they put in a random character. The random character will usually be put in the lobby with the FGM insteed of in the dinning room.

I asked mkt what the maximum number of characters was for CRT inside the dining hall, and he told me 7, no including the Fairy Godmother in the lobby. It's probably unusual to have that many, but he said that this was the maximum for that particular character meal!

meeko_33785

Yes, 7 is HIGHLY unlikely, but possible. He probably ment that they could physically have 7 characters in there, but usually, they won't staff more than 5 or so. Plus, IMO, it's usually better to spread out the characters so there arn't so many in one place.

KentB3

Original Poster
REVISED Character Dining list at my proposed 6th Disney theme park (upon opening)

I have made a few revisions in my Character Dining Meal list. 7 characters in the dining hall is a bit excessive! 5 or 6 seems sufficient.
Here is what I now have so far:

MAGIC KINGDOM:

Crystal Palace: Similar to its WDW and Tokyo Disneyland counterparts, the Crystal Palace is a buffet restaurant located on Main Street USA towards the central hub, but can also be accessed from Adventureland in the back! Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit, and Eeyore greet guests at all 3 meals! (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)

Lumière's: Located on the second floor of Beauty and the Beast castle, Lumière's features a character breakfast with a menu similar to Cinderella's Royal Table, but customer's will have several different choices to order from instead of the same pre-plated dish for everyone. Also, Lumière's is much larger than Cinderella's Royal Table; with 260 seats instead of CRT's 130, making it considerably easier to get Priority Seating! :D

Characters at Lumière's character breakfast include Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora (a.k.a. Sleeping Beauty, who greets guests in the lobby), Aladdin, Jasmine, and Peter Pan.

Here is a list of backups in case one of the characters is unable to show up one morning for this meal:

Esmerelda
Mulan
Pocahontas
Prince Charming
Vincent (the Beast after transformation when the spell was lifted)
Wendy

DISNEY STUDIOS:

Hollywood & Vine "Cafeteria of the Stars". Similar to Disney-MGM's restaurant, Hollywood & Vine has a Hollywood Heyday theme. Includes character meals at Breakfast and Lunch.

Breakfast & Lunch: Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck (in Hollywood starlet outfits), with Goofy (in a Gangster outfit), Pluto, Chip, & Dale.

Soundstage Restaurant: basically the same as the former Disney-MGM restaurant, with a Character Dinner.

Dinner: Aladdin, Jasmine, the Genie, Belle, the Beast (appearing in the lobby; due to his size, which might cause problems in a busy restaurant!), Quasimodo (a.k.a. The Hunchback of Notre Dame), and Esmerelda.

DOWNTOWN DISNEY

Chef Mickey's: basically the same as the restaurant at WDW's Contemporary Resort, serving Breakfast and Dinner. Characters at both meals include Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip, & Dale.

DISNEYLAND HOTEL:
1900 Park Faire: Similar to its WDW counterpart, this restaurant's theme is that of a turn-of-the-century circus, complete with a real carousel horse as part of the island's decor!

Breakfast: Alice, the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit, Mary Poppins, Pinocchio, & Geppetto.

Afternoon Tea: For children 3-10, similar to the event at the Grand Floridian's 1900 Park Faire; with Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the White Rabbit.

Dinner: Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Fairy Godmother, Pinocchio, and Geppetto. I replaced Suzy and Perla with Pinocchio and Geppetto to offer something different from the Grand Floridian's Cinderella's Gala Feast.

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD HOTEL:

Roger's Buffeteria: Simply put, this is a buffet restaurant themed to the 1988 film Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Roger is joined at Breakfast and Dinner by a wide variety of his Disney friends.

Breakfast: Roger, Goofy, Max, Rakifi, and Timmon

Dinner: Roger, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Peter Pan. In case you're wondering about the character lineup for this meal, one of the things I wanted was at least one "face character" at one of Roger's meals. For those who have seen WDW's Share a Dream Come True parade, Mickey has his own float, which reads "It All Started With a Mouse", and since Mickey is not with the Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto on the "Big 5" float, he is replaced by Peter Pan. From what I have seen so far, Peter has the best chemistry with the "cartoony" characters of all the face characters, which will make this group work, as well as providing a little variety in terms of character lineup!

DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT:

Contemporary Café:

Breakfast: a buffet offering a menu similar to Donald's Breakastosarus in WDW's Animal Kingdom, but stripped of its prehistoric and safari theming. Characters include Donald, Daisy, Uncle Scrooge, Mickey, Goofy, and Pluto.

If anyone has questions, comments, and/or suggestions, please feel free to post! :)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Re: REVISED Character Dining list at my proposed 6th Disney theme park (upon opening)

Originally posted by KentB3
Hollywood & Vine "Cafeteria of the Stars".

Woh woh woh woh, now hold on here Kent. We don't use the word "cafeteria" in Disneyland nor Walt Disney World, but instead the term "buffeteria". Hopefully this wouldn't interfere with the name Roger's Buffeteria at the Hollywood Hotel, if you think it may be too much buffeteria naming, could I suggest just calling it Hollywood & Dine?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom