Character Caravan to replace Surprise Mornings

Invero

Hey folks... Im not sure I like this... but this is direct from Disney...

Walt Disney World offers a new experience for guests staying at Disney Resorts, which replaces Surprise Mornings. The new program, Disney's Character Caravan, features morning visits to the resorts by Disney characters. The characters will greet guests and provide a send-off as guests leave for the Disney theme parks. This experience will offer guests additional opportunites to see the Disney characters -- one of the most popular requests by Walt Disney World guests.

They didn't list which characters would be where...

Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday:
All Star Resorts
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Contemporary
Fort Wilderness & Campground
Grand Floridian
Polynesian

Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
BoardWalk
Carribean Beach
Coronado
Old Key West
Port Orleans
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club

I don't know when this will start... when I find out, I shall let you all know. :)

It started Sunday morning (10/20/01). A notice was left in our room Sat night. I agree. I DON"T LIKE THIS. It's ok by itself but Not to replace early entry days.:brick:

Upvote 0

DanStat

Not Going To Cut It

I really don't think that will last long! :p

I don't see how they can replace letting people into a park with letting you see someone in a costume. It really does not make any sense.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

astewart

I really hope that this doesn't last long. A lot of the reason I booked onsite for my trip in April was for the early entry. I have little intrest in meeting the characters at the hotel in the morning. Im going to cross my fingers that they bring back early entry by april.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

This has got to be one of the stupidest things to come down the pipe yet. Who thought that taking away the privelege of getting in to the parks 1 to 1 1/2 hours early and replacing it with a meet and greet at the bus stop was a good idea? The sad thing is that somebody probably got a promotion for coming up with this nonsense...:lookaroun

Upvote 0

mej

Anyone - Disney Resort guest or not - can meet the characters. It costs a lot of money to stay in a Disney resort and one of the main reasons for paying out that money was always early entry. Surely Disney are going to lose money out of this? I wouldn't be as keen to stay in a Disney hotel if I thought I would be queing up outside like everyone else.

Upvote 0

mickeyman

It seems like all disney wants to do latley is let you meet characters. Close a ride make it a meet and greet. Stop early entry give us more meet and greet. Its not worth $300 a night so I can see 2 more characters on a given day:hammer:

Upvote 0

Maria

Maybe they could make a greet and meet at the Disney Store at the airport? You know... you can start collecting autographs from there and avoid lines in your hotel or the parks! hehe... Or maybe in every Disney Store so people don´t have to go to Orlando or California! :rolleyes:

IMHO, there was an exciting sensation on going to the parks and trying to find the characters.... now, if they will be at the hotels, I guess there is no much hunt for them in parks... (This may be a good thing too, coming to think about it... hhmm....)

I remember how hard it was when I was little --a loooooong time ago-- to get a pic with Mickey, and now, he seems to be everywhere you go! I seriously got so used to see him, he even greeted me every time I passed by! hehe ;)

I don´t like the idea of having the characters travel to the resorts, but I guess the situation now is not that good and there has to be something done to get people entertained while it´s the normal time to open the parks and give them a little bit more for their money, so this was a "plus". I don´t personally think it´s going to last long, seems like some kind of "emergency procedure" to me. Let´s hope so... ;)

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

I don't think the loss of EE is such a big thing and will continue to stay on property without this perk. Maybe the character bus will be nice, lets give it a chance, one good idea would be if you could get a photo with a whole group of characters instead of one or two,now that would be something special.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Beauty and the
one good idea would be if you could get a photo with a whole group of characters instead of one or two,now that would be something special.

I agree! sounds good to me. (if they don´t spread out....) ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom