News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

DCLcruiser

I always forget IG. I mean for me personally. Which is funny, because I use it to advertise in work all the time. I don't look much myself but good thought, maybe I'll add them to mine and check in my 1x a week look. The TT videos are all over the place and I enjoy that. They also break some news there quicker than some other methods I've seen.
I like IG since it’s image heavy. I use it to follow friends/brands and my profile as a photo album of events, trips, etc. FB is becoming useless. TT has little use to me. The same videos make it to IG. Twitter is way better for up to the second news (from news outlets or primary sources not the weirdos), or event info.

correcaminos

I like IG since it’s image heavy. I use it to follow friends/brands and my profile as a photo album of events, trips, etc. FB is becoming useless. TT has little use to me. The same videos make it to IG. Twitter is way better for up to the second news (from news outlets or primary sources not the weirdos), or event info.
That's exactly why my company uses IG - we are in fine jewelry and it sells! I use it to follow friends too and a check in once a week or so is all I need. Don't discount Tik Tok. Lots goes on there and we plan to tackle that next.

Twitter annoys me right now so I've stepped back from that. But yes it can be faster for info. Though I caught some things on tik tok before twitter released. So it's all about what they want released and when.

DCLcruiser

That's exactly why my company uses IG - we are in fine jewelry and it sells! I use it to follow friends too and a check in once a week or so is all I need. Don't discount Tik Tok. Lots goes on there and we plan to tackle that next.

Twitter annoys me right now so I've stepped back from that. But yes it can be faster for info. Though I caught some things on tik tok before twitter released. So it's all about what they want released and when.
I still can’t get passed the fact that TT solely exists for China to track people and yet people willingly use it. Crazy.

Angel Ariel

I don't know what you guys are watching but I have seen ads for Strange World a lot.
Streaming services and dvr’d shows. We rarely watch live tv, and I’ve seen nothing come up, trailer wise, on my social media feeds (which was not the case for wakanda forever)

Tony the Tigger

A person with nearly 25,000 posts on a Disney fan site had never once heard the name of the Disney $180M tentpole Thanksgiving animated release that has been in production for years.

OK. Sure, why not.

This is where we are in the conversation now.
Because that matters so much. YoU mUsT bE a ReAl FaN.

Goofyernmost

A person with nearly 25,000 posts on a Disney fan site had never once heard the name of the Disney $180M tentpole Thanksgiving animated release that has been in production for years.

OK. Sure, why not.

First time I have ever heard of it as well. But, I guess I am not longer a fan so it doesn't count.

Trauma

First time I have ever heard of it as well. But, I guess I am not longer a fan so it doesn't count.
I never heard of Frozen when it came out. That seemed to do ok.

Now that people are hearing about and it’s exactly what the American people want, we should expect a giant second week.

MerlinTheGoat

I never heard of Frozen when it came out.
ab67616d0000b27325f6f5bfcfe4e5d3f8a75034

correcaminos

I never heard of Frozen when it came out. That seemed to do ok.

Now that people are hearing about <snip sarcasm>, we should expect a giant second week.
The movie might just suck. We'll watch it eventually. I assume it is not well received because it's more sci fi like Atlantis which happened to turn 20 this weekend.

flynnibus

Premium Member

I am 100% truthful. Never heard of it until this thread brought it up.

So as you say… someone who follows parts of the fandom… and their market message missed me entirely.

I don’t see ads here… i never saw the ads in my D+ watching or my other streaming apps. Haven’t see it in youtube ads…. I run ad blockers on websites. But i never saw the film mentioned in articles either.

So yeah…. Dunno where they are advertising but they missed a lifelong disney fan. Take it for what it’s worth.

Skibum1970

I am 100% truthful. Never heard of it until this thread brought it up.

So as you say… someone who follows parts of the fandom… and their market message missed me entirely.

I don’t see ads here… i never saw the ads in my D+ watching or my other streaming apps. Haven’t see it in youtube ads…. I run ad blockers on websites. But i never saw the film mentioned in articles either.

So yeah…. Dunno where they are advertising but they missed a lifelong disney fan. Take it for what it’s worth.

I saw two previews when I went to a movie cinema and that was it. Of course, that was enough to go, "Uh, no thanks."

TalkingHead

This "no marketing" for SW is becoming the latest ridiculous myth. Here in LA, there are billboards, bus shelters, ads on multiple channels throughout this weekend (Disney owned and others), theater chain emails, social media, trailers before BP, etc.

There is broad marketing support for this title.

The suggestion that Disney launched a $180M tentpole movie in over 4,000 theaters over a holiday weekend without any marketing support may be one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever heard.

Now, did Disney test screen it and realize they have a complete disaster on their hands and pull back some spend? Absolutely, but to pretend this release is not supported by a marketing campaign is just rationalizing a complete audience rejection of the title.
There’s a large Strange World photo-op display outside Disney Springs AMC. Amusingly, it replaced a similar display for the live-action Pinocchio debacle. Talk about a cursed twofer.

UNCgolf

OK. Sure, why not.

The first time I heard of it was a week or two ago when I saw an ad while watching a college football game. I think I've seen one ad for it since.

I admittedly don't go out of my way to look for news about Disney films. I'm not even sure the most recent Disney or Pixar animated film I saw -- probably Luca (although only in part) because my niece and nephews were watching it at the beach, although I'm sure there are films released before it that I haven't seen.

Regardless, I'd guess the general public has seen about as much about it as I have (i.e. very little), although it wouldn't surprise me if they've done more targeted advertising on shows and other media aimed at kids/families.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom