News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

HauntedMansionFLA

Park reservations, park hopping restrictions, lightning lane access. A significant amount of logistics is being burdened onto guests. I believe that will change.
I wish the would go back to no fast pass / Genie + / Lightning Lane. I didn’t feel bad waiting in line as long as it kept moving. It was nice during that period when if was just a stand by line.
bring back extended extra Magic hours for guest staying on property - 2 to 3 hours. I remember when they used to do it.

dmw

In the Parks
No
When my hole in the wall go to place reopened in late summer 2020 after being closed for several months I rejoiced .
My two favs for Chinese food only reopened for carryout/delivery. Both owners say they have no plans to reopen the dining rooms :(

Disone

I feel like it’s ok to judge people when it comes to basic human rights.
I get that to a degree. But as someone else pointed out, one probably have lots of products made in china.... Clothes, bed sheets, furniture, cell phone,

If one is not angry at Walmart, Target, etc... then it seems as though you're using this as an excuse to be angry at Bob Iger.

Disney wasn't the first nor will it be the last to have business dealings within China.

Now if by chance you are angry at all those other entities as well, then at least you're being consistent. More power to you. And that I could support. I'd probably have to change my lifestyle to help support it, but at least it would be consistent And yes, for a good cause.

Disone

I wish the would go back to no fast pass / Genie + / Lightning Lane. I didn’t feel bad waiting in line as long as it kept moving. It was nice during that period when if was just a stand by line.
bring back extended extra Magic hours for guest staying on property - 2 to 3 hours. I remember when they used to do it.
100% agreed. It was a fresh lesson for sure that despite what all the data has said, fastpass, genie plus, lightning Lane, Whatever you call, it, really does slow down the processing of the standby line.

Maybe just having some entertaining q lines that you did not go through on a snail's pace was actually a better plan?

Goofyernmost

I haven't contributed anything on this topic, but after reading through most of it, it seems that everyone is forgetting that TWDC is a whole hell of a lot more then theme parks, For all we know, Chapek might have been removed for something totally unrelated to WDW or any of the theme parks. The idea that Iger is going to come back and just spend his time concentrating on the parks that are still making massive profits is wishful thinking, but not their biggest problem.

From the small amount that I have looked at the entire situation it seems that Disney's biggest problem is the acquisition of Fox. The board may want him to fix that since the major consensus is that's a huge financial drain on the company and Iger is the one that paid an arm, two legs and three or more fingers for that losing division. At some point some of the complaints about WDW will be addressed but I don't think it will be the first priority. When your job is to put out a fire you don't start with the area that is smoldering and might go out by itself, you go to where the biggest flames are, get that under control and then you can turn your attention to smaller problems.

Except for a few of us that are used to the WDW that we knew but have either been turned off by the continuous increase in sucking every cent from it's customers (guests) and/or the general, worse then doing your taxes, requirement to just get into a freaking park, it seems that it isn't keeping the crowds out of there. For sure, WDW is a long term concern but presently is just the place where they send in the armored vehicles to pick up the days receipts. It can wait!

Goofyernmost

My two favs for Chinese food only reopened for carryout/delivery. Both owners say they have no plans to reopen the dining rooms :(
The thing is that the percentage of Chinese people that you find owning or running Chinese Restaurants have never set foot in China. But as easily fooled societies only see Asian people as all the same have been convinced that they are eating traditional Chinese food cooked by Chinese chefs. For a country that considers itself sophisticated and worldly we are so easily willingly able to suspend disbelief that it's scary. I love Chinese food served here in the U.S., but I'm pretty sure that actual, in China, food is a lot different.

Disone

what do you think his accuracy percentage is for that video?
Time will tell. He will be right on a lot of it but it was not that Chapek's only contribution was genie +.

Chapek changed the decision making structure and hierarchy of the company. This likely had negative impacts to the company beyond just the theme parks. This likely forced D'Amaro to become a yes man, not a decision maker.

Yes, Both Iger and D'Amaro help create park reservation system, however, at that time it was likely viewed as a temporarily measure needed for COVID.

Post COVID Chapek doubled down and claimed it was an "integral part of the guest experience" but was obvious he was using it as a labor management tool and not as something to enhance the guest experience.

So to say that his one impact to the parks was just the genie Plus, I can't get behind that part of the statement. Other parts I could better understand but with varying degrees of agreement.

JoeCamel

what do you think his accuracy percentage is for that video?

Time will tell. He will be right on a lot of it but it was not that Chapek's only contribution was genie +.

Chapek changed the decision making structure and hierarchy of the company. This likely had negative impacts to the company beyond just the theme parks. This likely forced D'Amaro to become a yes man, not a decision maker.

Yes, Both Iger and D'Amaro help create park reservation system, however, at that time it was likely viewed as a temporarily measure needed for COVID.

Post COVID Chapek doubled down and claimed it was an "integral part of the guest experience" but was obvious he was using it as a labor management tool and not as something to enhance the guest experience.

So to say that his one impact to the parks was just the genie Plus, I can't get behind that part of the statement. Other parts I could better understand but with varying degrees of agreement.
Just ask him, I'm sure he would love to tell you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom