Chaos at Twitter

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
What are your thoughts on the goings on at Twitter?

Predictions of Twitter failing as soon as Monday.

In response to staff leaving, former Twitter vice-president Bruce Daisley told the BBC there were former Twitter engineers claiming the social media platform could "fail as soon as Monday".
"There's a large number of features that really seem to be predicated on having engineers on site," he said.
"If those engineers have gone, then it does threaten the sustainability of the product.

JPPT1974

Would not want to work there. As really Elon Musk I hear works 121 hours per week and he does have four companies like Telsa and Twitter of course among them. But also hear he does not like to take vacation. But really eighty hours a work week. It is very much creating a hostile, toxic work environment and ruining over in your emotional and mental well being in health. Not just physical.

Vegas Disney Fan

I suspect it’ll be fine, every major transition is hard, once Musk installs a new management team it’ll run as smoothly as it did before, just with a different philosophy.

Personally I loathe most social media, Twitters only redeeming quality to me is Bioreconstruct updates, so I wouldn’t be upset to see it fail but it would just be replaced with a carbon copy app the same day, nothing would change.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

What are your thoughts on the goings on at Twitter?

Predictions of Twitter failing as soon as Monday.

In response to staff leaving, former Twitter vice-president Bruce Daisley told the BBC there were former Twitter engineers claiming the social media platform could "fail as soon as Monday".
"There's a large number of features that really seem to be predicated on having engineers on site," he said.
"If those engineers have gone, then it does threaten the sustainability of the product.

So now that the dust has settled a bit, apparantly you can fire 75% of Twitter workers and have it run better and faster than ever.

What were these employees doing at Twittter all day long?

Last edited by a moderator:

TwilightZone

Websites come and go. Twitter's story isn't the first time this has happened. Won't be surprised if its gone. Won't be surprised if it stays, just with a smaller audience either.

If anything this proves the importance of archiving and not keeping your eggs in one basket further.

JoeCamel

I suspect it’ll be fine, every major transition is hard, once Musk installs a new management team it’ll run as smoothly as it did before, just with a different philosophy.

Personally I loathe most social media, Twitters only redeeming quality to me is Bioreconstruct updates, so I wouldn’t be upset to see it fail but it would just be replaced with a carbon copy app the same day, nothing would change.
A month on how do you see it now?

Vegas Disney Fan

A month on how do you see it now?

Bioreconstruct is still posting so that’s all that matters for me.

I quickly lost interest in the Musk takeover so unless it makes the news for other reasons I don’t pay any attention. As far as my world goes nothing has changed, people still tweet and I still find it irrelevant (other than amazing bioreconstruct photos).

JoeCamel

Bioreconstruct is still posting so that’s all that matters for me.

I quickly lost interest in the Musk takeover so unless it makes the news for other reasons I don’t pay any attention. As far as my world goes nothing has changed, people still tweet and I still find it irrelevant (other than amazing bioreconstruct photos).
Latest was he said policy would be decided by polls then put up a poll if he should step down. Vote was yes so he now says only people who pay $8 can vote in the polls and has not stepped down. bio needs another platform fast

Vegas Disney Fan

Latest was he said policy would be decided by polls then put up a poll if he should step down. Vote was yes so he now says only people who pay $8 can vote in the polls and has not stepped down. bio needs another platform fast

I was watching a timeline video of the most popular websites the other day and chuckled when MySpace popped up, I’d completely forgotten they existed and forgotten they had 100 million users at one time.

Musk will learn quick, or watch Twitter be replaced by the next “Facebook”, unfortunately for Twitter Musk can afford to burn $44 billion out of principle if he wants to.

Vegas Disney Fan

Is that why he’s already announced investment opportunities? Musk isn’t just burning his own money.

IMHO you’d have to be crazy to invest in Twitter right now, people gave billions to a bunch of kids running an unregulated FTX though so I’m sure he’ll find plenty of speculators willing to part with their hard earned dough.

lazyboy97o

IMHO you’d have to be crazy to invest in Twitter right now, people gave billions to a bunch of kids running an unregulated FTX though so I’m sure he’ll find plenty of speculators willing to part with their hard earned dough.
It’s not just now. The $44 billion was not all his money and some prior investors didn’t sell their shares to him.

lazyboy97o

Key word in that sentence, third party. Not the main site.
They work through systems provided by Twitter. Twitter's stuff broke. Even the main website has been plagued by errors and bugs. Then there are things like Twitter now being a new haven for CSAM. Twitter is not firing on all cylinders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom