• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Chaos at Twitter

wdwmagic

Administrator
Original Poster
What are your thoughts on the goings on at Twitter?

Predictions of Twitter failing as soon as Monday.

In response to staff leaving, former Twitter vice-president Bruce Daisley told the BBC there were former Twitter engineers claiming the social media platform could "fail as soon as Monday".
"There's a large number of features that really seem to be predicated on having engineers on site," he said.
"If those engineers have gone, then it does threaten the sustainability of the product.

JPPT1974

Would not want to work there. As really Elon Musk I hear works 121 hours per week and he does have four companies like Telsa and Twitter of course among them. But also hear he does not like to take vacation. But really eighty hours a work week. It is very much creating a hostile, toxic work environment and ruining over in your emotional and mental well being in health. Not just physical.

Vegas Disney Fan

I suspect it’ll be fine, every major transition is hard, once Musk installs a new management team it’ll run as smoothly as it did before, just with a different philosophy.

Personally I loathe most social media, Twitters only redeeming quality to me is Bioreconstruct updates, so I wouldn’t be upset to see it fail but it would just be replaced with a carbon copy app the same day, nothing would change.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

What are your thoughts on the goings on at Twitter?

Predictions of Twitter failing as soon as Monday.

In response to staff leaving, former Twitter vice-president Bruce Daisley told the BBC there were former Twitter engineers claiming the social media platform could "fail as soon as Monday".
"There's a large number of features that really seem to be predicated on having engineers on site," he said.
"If those engineers have gone, then it does threaten the sustainability of the product.

So now that the dust has settled a bit, apparantly you can fire 75% of Twitter workers and have it run better and faster than ever.

What were these employees doing at Twittter all day long?

Last edited by a moderator:

TwilightZone

Websites come and go. Twitter's story isn't the first time this has happened. Won't be surprised if its gone. Won't be surprised if it stays, just with a smaller audience either.

If anything this proves the importance of archiving and not keeping your eggs in one basket further.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom