Changing the Primary Person on your MDE account

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
Does anyone know how to change the primary person on your MDE account? My Dad is currently listed as the primary on the MDE account however he is not going on our trip in December, it will be just my daughter and I. The last time he did not go when just me my daughter and husband went him being primary it caused major issues when we went on line at 180 days to make our ADR's as he did not have a hotel reservation it would not let us make the 180 plus 10 ADR's . I just want to prevent that from happening again.

Rob562

Does anyone know how to change the primary person on your MDE account? My Dad is currently listed as the primary on the MDE account however he is not going on our trip in December, it will be just my daughter and I. The last time he did not go when just me my daughter and husband went him being primary it caused major issues when we went on line at 180 days to make our ADR's as he did not have a hotel reservation it would not let us make the 180 plus 10 ADR's . I just want to prevent that from happening again.

A given MDE account is intended to be owned by one person forever. If you're listed as a "managed by" profile under your dad's account, you're going to have to "extract" yourself by creating your own account.

Step 1) Create your own MDE account using your own email address. Sign out of MDE.

Step 2) Log into Dad's account. Under the listing for you in his account, select "invite to plan and share" and fill in the email address you used for *your* account. Sign out of MDE.

Step 3) Log back into your account. You should see the invite from Dad. Accept the invite. Once you do, all previous items from your account (old plans, MagicBands, etc) should transfer over and will now be controlled by you.

You should probably repeat these steps to get your husband under his own MDE profile, too. (I always suggest that all adults have their own individual accounts, even if they'll never be planning the trip. It gives the most future flexibility)

Now, the tricky part is handling your daughter. There is no way for a user to move a "managed by" account from being managed by one person to being managed by another.
You have two or three options:
1) If your daughter is 13 or older (the minimum age to make their own MDE account) simply repeat the above steps to create her own account. After that you can friend request her.
2) If daughter is younger, she can remain as a "managed by" account under your Dad. Just friend-request her profile via "mutual friend". (Dad will have to go in and accept the friend request) Dad will still "own" her profile, but you'll be able to make plans for her.
3) A third option is to call the MDE Help Desk armed with account names and email addresses. They should be able to move daughter over to be managed by you, but I'm not sure how long of a phone call that would be.

Now when booking the hotel, dining, etc you can book them through your account.

I think that about covers things.

-Rob

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom