Changes to the Great Movie Ride, What would you do?

2bornot2be

Original Poster
After a recent post about the “The Great Movie Ride”. I was thinking if you could change The Great Movie Ride what changes you would make.

karl75

None. Every genre is represented. Just because some people think that its dated or whatever. Each film that is depicted was chosen on what it brought to the movies when it was released plus only certain films are shown due to contractual agreements. Think about how many actual disney movie are shown in the ride.

All of the above are my own thoughts and i don't work for disney.

Cybercat

Banned
The movie should be about EDUCATION regarding GREAT, CLASSIC FILMS. It doesn't need to be clogged up with newer flash in the pan hits that may not stand the test of time.

That said, I would like to have the Alien segment refurbed a bit. Definitely, one of my favorite segments of any moving Disney attraction. Prometheus was also a hit that will spawn more sequels, so anyone who wants to remove it is crazy. Maybe they could put in a more accurate Ripley AA.

bethymouse

The movie should be about EDUCATION regarding GREAT, CLASSIC FILMS. It doesn't need to be clogged up with newer flash in the pan hits that may not stand the test of time.

That said, I would like to have the Alien segment refurbed a bit. Definitely, one of my favorite segments of any moving Disney attraction. Prometheus was also a hit that will spawn more sequels, so anyone who wants to remove it is crazy. Maybe they could put in a more accurate Ripley AA.
I don't want it to be about "flash in the pan" hits, but the majority of the population can relate to those "hits". I'm all for EDUCATION, as I am a teacher, so I would hope that they can mix the great classic films w/ the more modern ones and then have folks compare/contrast the different ways of filming.;)

bethymouse

top grossing movies of the nineties

10. toy story 2
9. men in black
8. home alone
7. sixth sense
6. independence day
5. lion king
4. forrest gump
3. jurassic park
2. star wars episode 1
1. titanic
Universal must have a "lock" on some of these films? MIB, Home Alone, Forrest Gump- all wonderful ideas.
Hey- just for fun- add a silly& fun 80's classic movie in there as well!;)

Cybercat

Banned
Maybe Avatar could replace the Alien scene? Any other top-grossing films of the 90's would be nice. Can't think of any at the moment...:oops:

The ride needs a horror segment! And Alien is a near perfect movie. Removing it would be nuts I think. As I mentioned, the franchise is also ongoing so it would be dumb to remove it for anything, especially something that will be covered at another park.

The ride needs some films adults know. It doesn't have to be so kidified.

alissafalco

None. Every genre is represented. Just because some people think that its dated or whatever. Each film that is depicted was chosen on what it brought to the movies when it was released plus only certain films are shown due to contractual agreements. Think about how many actual disney movie are shown in the ride.

All of the above are my own thoughts and i don't work for disney.

I agree about leaving the original ride alone, but how about just adding onto it at the end, and make the ride a little longer to include some more recent hits like Titanic and some others.

bethymouse

The ride needs a horror segment! And Alien is a near perfect movie. Removing it would be nuts I think. As I mentioned, the franchise is also ongoing so it would be dumb to remove it for anything, especially something that will be covered at another park.

The ride needs some films adults know. It doesn't have to be so kidified.
How is it "kidified"?:confused:

Cybercat

Banned
How is it "kidified"?:confused:

Removing the most adult movie represented and most thrilling part of the ride for something tamer would definitely kidify it. Alien is one of the most popular movies ever released on the home video format and remains a best seller. It's been preserved by the National Film Archive with other classic films. It's revered for the realism of the acting and magnificent photography and set design by almost all critics. Ridley Scott, the director, was knighted by the Queen of England in part due to the reputation that film built for him. It's still getting sequels and prequels 30 years later. It's a classic in every sense of the word and definitely an important part of film heritage.

J03Y

like i said a million times, it should be about the breakthroughs in film and the classics, so...

Steamboat Willie
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
A Trip To The Moon
Toy Story
maybe Beauty and the Beast, Lion King or Little Mermaid
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
West Side Story
Indiana Jones
Star Wars
Titanic
something with horror film like Alfred Hitchcock movies, Halloween, or Scream
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (have a scene with the White Witch)
Casablanca
What A Wonderful Life
The Wizard of Oz

the list is long, but there can be some trial and error here :cool:

bethymouse

Removing the most adult movie represented and most thrilling part of the ride for something tamer would definitely kidify it. Alien is one of the most popular movies ever released on the home video format and remains a best seller. It's been preserved by the National Film Archive with other classic films. It's revered for the realism of the acting and magnificent photography and set design by almost all critics. Ridley Scott, the director, was knighted by the Queen of England in part due to the reputation that film built for him. It's still getting sequels and prequels 30 years later. It's a classic in every sense of the word and definitely an important part of film heritage.
Sold!:D

J03Y

so just put in a scene with the horror movies? i wouldn't mind getting terrified by Michael Meyers and Ghostface.

heck, we can even have some Alfred Hitchcock. you know. the classic horror movies?

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
I mentioned this movie in another post (totally unrelated to this topic) but "The Matrix" would be a good addition to this ride. It totally revolutionized the way that sci-fi movies are now made.

Cybercat

Banned
so just put in a scene with the horror movies? i wouldn't mind getting terrified by Michael Meyers and Ghostface.

heck, we can even have some Alfred Hitchcock. you know. the classic horror movies?

Alien has a hardcore science fiction element that is a lot more fascinating than just throwing in some masked slashers. This is Disney World after all. You need the fantasy element. Alien is like the 2001 of horror scifi thrillers.

I'm pretty sure Universal has a lock on Alfred Hitchcock, so you can forget about that.

J03Y

I mentioned this movie in another post (totally unrelated to this topic) but "The Matrix" would be a good addition to this ride. It totally revolutionized the way that sci-fi movies are now made.

but how do you transmit that into a ride form?

J03Y

Alien has a hardcore science fiction element that is a lot more fascinating than just throwing in some masked slashers. This is Disney World after all. You need the fantasy element. Alien is like the 2001 of horror scifi thrillers.

I'm pretty sure Universal has a lock on Alfred Hitchcock, so you can forget about that.

you've still got Scream, Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom