Changes to Holiday Cruises!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Not sure if there were any changes to the Halloween cruises, but I know there were changes to the Christmas cruises. Last year (2013) the Christmas cruises started November 9th so we were excited to book our cruise for 2014 for that week knowing it would be a holiday cruise. Imagine our disappointment when they changed the holiday cruises to start the week of Thanksgiving :(

BUT - it appears Disney has changed them again and they will now begin in early November, just in time for our week on the Fantasy!! Wooooo!! Here are the dates for the holiday cruises :)

Halloween on the High Seas
Disney Magic September 27, 2014 - October 26, 2014
Disney Wonder September 26, 2014 - October 31, 2014
Disney Dream September 07, 2014 - October 31, 2014
Disney Fantasy
September 06, 2014 - October 25, 2014

Very MerryTime Cruises
Disney Magic November 09, 2014 - December 28, 2014
Disney Wonder November 09, 2014 - December 30, 2014
Disney Dream November 10, 2014 - December 29, 2014
Disney Fantasy November 08, 2014 - December 27, 2014

sweetpee_1993

It's on my bucket list to wake up on Christmas morning on a Diney cruise! Someday hopefully!
In a way I think it would be cool but in a way not. Thanksgiving last year (on a ship, not Disney) didn't feel like Thanksgiving at all. All our usual Thanksgiving things didn't happen. Still had an amazing day but it didn't feel like Thanksgiving. I think for me Christmas would be a great day but not feel like Christmas so much. No matter what the ship looked like or what they did it isn't what is familiar for that day for us. Does that mske sense?

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
In a way I think it would be cool but in a way not. Thanksgiving last year (on a ship, not Disney) didn't feel like Thanksgiving at all. All our usual Thanksgiving things didn't happen. Still had an amazing day but it didn't feel like Thanksgiving. I think for me Christmas would be a great day but not feel like Christmas so much. No matter what the ship looked like or what they did it isn't what is familiar for that day for us. Does that mske sense?

Yeah I definitely know what you mean! We've spent Thanksgiving at WDW twice, once we went to Blizzard Beach and then to the Polynesian Luau and then the other time, 4 years ago, we went to Magic Kingdom. It honestly felt like any other day to me because we weren't in the Northeast with cold temps, eating turkey dinner! I think we ate Casey's hot dogs for Thanksgiving dinner! lol

Christmas Eve now consists of going to Mom's house watching the Polar Express and Ashley and I sharing a bed like we used to do when we were kids. Then we wake up, have breakfast and open gifts and go to my aunts. It would definitely be VERY different to wake up at sea! lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom