Change of Plans

John park hopper

Original Poster
DW and I have a visit planned for May staying at POFQ got a call from daughter-in-law #2 they had planned to take our granddaughters age 3 and 6 in Feb but had trouble getting a room. Changed it to the same time as our trip in May staying at POFQ also. It will be the girls first visit; having raised 3 boys what a difference girls are it should be interesting

Calmdownnow

DW and I have a visit planned for May staying at POFQ got a call from daughter-in-law #2 they had planned to take our granddaughters age 3 and 6 in Feb but had trouble getting a room. Changed it to the same time as our trip in May staying at POFQ also. It will be the girls first visit; having raised 3 boys what a difference girls are it should be interesting

My sister and I had five boys so all of our trips until recently were boy-oriented. 2 years ago we took her almost 5 year old grand-daughter at the end of May and the experience was so different. With boys we could get away with one character breakfast (where eating was as important as meeting/greeting) and maybe 1 character photo with Buzz or Woody if the line wasn't too long. Gdaughter was a competitive autograph hunter of Princesses even at that tender age and loved each and every interaction she had. Almost all of our first 3 daily fast-passes were taken up with the character meet and greets because we were too late to book the Princess breakfasts.

Of course she wanted to dress as a Princess -- luckily our local store stocked a variety of Princess dresses at prices way below Disney's so we brought a couple of the prettiest in our luggage and probably saved over $100! Beware, those dresses are very scratchy and not made for all-day wearing in Orlando heat and humidity, so we always had a change of clothing to get her back into shorts and t-shirt by 11am.

The other big difference was the time it takes to get a little girl (long hair etc) dressed and out of the door in the morning, compared to heading out with little boys who are, mostly, less fastidious about their look!

Enjoy your time with your granddaughters.

John park hopper

Original Poster
My sister and I had five boys so all of our trips until recently were boy-oriented. 2 years ago we took her almost 5 year old grand-daughter at the end of May and the experience was so different. With boys we could get away with one character breakfast (where eating was as important as meeting/greeting) and maybe 1 character photo with Buzz or Woody if the line wasn't too long. Gdaughter was a competitive autograph hunter of Princesses even at that tender age and loved each and every interaction she had. Almost all of our first 3 daily fast-passes were taken up with the character meet and greets because we were too late to book the Princess breakfasts.

Of course she wanted to dress as a Princess -- luckily our local store stocked a variety of Princess dresses at prices way below Disney's so we brought a couple of the prettiest in our luggage and probably saved over $100! Beware, those dresses are very scratchy and not made for all-day wearing in Orlando heat and humidity, so we always had a change of clothing to get her back into shorts and t-shirt by 11am.

The other big difference was the time it takes to get a little girl (long hair etc) dressed and out of the door in the morning, compared to heading out with little boys who are, mostly, less fastidious about their look!

Enjoy your time with your granddaughters.

Thanks for the heads up it's going to be a lot different

correcaminos

Thanks for the heads up it's going to be a lot different
I dunno, I've gone with girls that age and boys that age and it's really kid dependent. The girls didn't do any more character meals or character stops than the boys. So you might not notice much. Also a lot of it can be dictated by the parents too and their expectations ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom