Change HM to Phantom Manor?

castlecake

Original Poster
:drevil: I just saw a video of DLP's phantom manor and it looks way beteer then WDW's HM. I think PM has way better theming especialy when you first get on the doombuggies, there is a grand staircase and windows with a thunder storm outside and all that, at wdw all there is is a black wall where you 1st get on the DB. also the audio is way better and the ride has a constant theme throughout unlike WDW. I think if walt Disney was still alive I bet HM would have been updated by now. Also I know that some people will say leave it alone B/c its a classic but everything has to change sooner or later. Any comments?

:hammer: The master Gracey will EAT, I mean MEET you now, in his portrait gallery..... (HM):king:

Maria

VIVA MEXICO!!! :sohappy:

Mailmen Day: Nov.12th
Revolution Day: Nov. 20th

We made it to the Soccer World Cup! :D :sohappy:

(just kidding Castlecake) ;) ;)

NowInc

Yes...PM rocks..however...I also love the classic ones in the US parks. I think if all the parks had the same EXACT attractions...it wouldn't be fun to go visit the other ones....ya know?

markymark

Originally posted by Maria
VIVA MEXICO!!! :sohappy:

Mailmen Day: Nov.12th
Revolution Day: Nov. 20th

We made it to the Soccer World Cup! :D :sohappy:

So did we!!!!

I just hope Brazil miss out!

sorry to any Brazil fans out there - it would just be a nice change)

Sheri

I like the HM there is now...I've never been on PM so I wouldn't know how much of a difference it is but there isn't anything bad about HM and if someone wants PM, just go to Paris :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I am a major fan of all the Mansions - but I have to say that Phantom Manor is my favorite. The style of the attraction is more Tower of Terror (in that PM is actually very creepy, and more sinister than the US versions) -- its a great update to a classic in my opinion.

The audio score is stunning, and that would be a welcome addition to the US mansions, for me anyway.

Tom Morrow

I've also been on the Phantom Manor, its awesome! Much more serious and dark than the lighthearted US ones. I still like the Haunted Mansion though, and if Disney were to change it to be more like Phantom Manor, the only things I would do is use Phantom Manor's soundtrack, change some of the campy 70s gags, and actually tell the story of the bride in the attic. Haunted MAnsion actually has an elaborate background story, but nobody really knows it because its never explained.

Dragonrider1227

The basic plot of PM is too depressing for me. I prefer the "happy haunts" of the Mansion. But that's just my american culture. From what I understand, an approach like that wouldn't have worked as well in Europe. If there's anything i'd like to see from Phantom Manor, it's the music. That and perhaps the unused narration by Vincint Price because he ROCKS! You're right on the loading area as well. I thought that was done much better.
Also, the old Haunted Mansion freaked out my little sister enough as it is. I don't even WANT to think about how she'd react to Phantom Manor. O_O

Connor002

Well... this is quite an old thread...
But, since someone's already brought it up, I may as well comment on it.

Phantom Manor fits well where it is, and that's probably where it should stay. It seems to "fit" better in DLP, perhaps in due to DLP's overall theme, and I doubt it would be as well received in the US.

Connor002

Sledge said:
Anyone have a video of this?

I remember one somewhere. I'll check if I still know where it is.
I can't promise anything special though, I don't think I saw watched the whole thing...

Sledge

Account Suspended
marni1971 said:
Disney Central is your friend :)
No it isn't. It was way more complicated than it needed to be. It takes too much time to figure out and I still couldn't really understand what I needed to do after reading the explanations. I'm pretty good at computers and even I had problems with it. :lol:

Disney needs to do something with the HM to make it better. I have been there a couple times and it is a great ride dont get me wrong but it could be a lot better too. I rode it twice in one visit one time and i liked it but the last time i rode it and i was a little bored. The screaming started to get to me all them time. I think its time for a rehab.

Sledge

Account Suspended
I love what Disneyland did with Madame Leota. That was a cool effect and I rode it like 10 times just to see how it worked, but never could tell.

RonAnnArbor

Hadn't seen this thread in awhile - just to chime in - I agree that Phantom Manor is the best of the haunted mansions - although they each have their own interesting charms. The storyline and musical score at DLP definately make Phanom Manor a standout - and the location of it in Frontiertown allows them to play with that theme in the entire "Ghost Town" section.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom