Cell Phone Signal

J_Krafty24

How is cell phone service at WDW? I've been to Nascar Races and Cedar Point Amusement Park in Ohio and have had problems getting a call to go through because of the huge numbers of people there using cell phones. The towers can't accomidate all of the calls. Is this ever a problem at Disney?

DisneyChik17

I didn't use mine much down there, but when I did it worked great. I had no problems. I have, however, had problems at Mardi Gras and huge outdoor music festivals. I have Cingular, who is typically flawless in our area, so it may have to do with your carrier.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Never had a problem sending or receiving calls from PA to Florida - BUT, when DD and I got separated in the MK during Wishes, she tried to call me 3 times from City Hall - my phone wouldn't ring until she left a message - go figure!!

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

Original Poster
Disneychik17 - I had cingular too. All the service providers were having problems at the races and cedar point. It was because the towers didn't have a big enough capacity for the number of calls people were trying to make.

unkadug - maybe you only use your cell phone for business. I'll be using mine to contact the other people in my group. You know, find out where they are if they are late for a dinner reservation, that sort of stuff. I know how some of you old school people are with stuff like this - "I didn't need them before they were around, I don't need them now" But that was then and this is now and when there is technology available I am going to use it. No use living in the past.

Upvote 0

aeillill

I rarely use my cellphone in general, in WDW it's limited to calling my mother to see where in the park she's wandered off to, that's about it. I've never had any problem with that and I use Verizon.

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

Is this a debate on whether or not we should use cell phones at WDW? :lookaroun

I'll just say I use it when our party is separated. The end.

And to check the time :lookaroun

As far as signal goes, as long as I'm outside I have great reception. Inside, it really depends. Inside attractions I never have signal but my phone is always on silent then so I never know anyway. In the hotel, I never have a problem.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The Cell Phone service at WDW has gotten much better over the years. Verizon works very well in almost every part of the resort. Nextel should work too since it is what Disney uses as its form of communication around the resort.

Upvote 0

tr1plese7en

I don't have any problems with reception while walking around the park. The only problems are when I'm inside rides usually and then I won't have any service. I'm use Cingular btw.

Upvote 0

BrerMichael

I use my sidekick all the time when I'm there and the service is usually great. I usually keep it on vibrator when I'm on the rides and I'll feel the phone ringing all the time, even down in Pirates.

Michael

Upvote 0

coltow

Last summer we travelled with my cousin and her family. We used our phones when ever we got separated and were trying to meet up again. We never had a problem with a signal no matter where we were. I do suggest that you use the vibrate function on your phone though because you'll probably never hear it ring.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

We have Nextel, and have never had problems. The 2 way radio is a great help when the sons get seperated from us, and you don't have to worry about other signals from other 2 ways. One year I actually received a call while walking through EPCOT, it ended up being a wrong number. They asked if someone was there and I told them the called a cell walking through EPCOT. :veryconfu :brick: Go figure.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I have Verizon and never had a problem with it. I only use it to contact others in our group if we're separated.
Before the age of cell phones, it used to always amaze me how many people you would see at the pay phones in the parks! I never understood that!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom