Celebrity list for Star Wars weekends

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney’s website has published the celebrity list for Star Wars weekends 2005. It is an interesting blend of people this year. Each weekend will feature 1 actor and 1 person from behind the camera.

Pose for pictures and collect autographs as a popular actor from the Star Wars™ saga and a creative Lucasfilm artist appear at every Star Wars Weekend from May 20 to June 12, 2005 at the Disney-MGM Studios. With awesome autograph sessions, the thrilling "Legends of the Force" Star Wars Hollywood-style Motorcade, and the sensational "Stars of the Saga" Talk Show and Q&A, the Force is with you!

Star Wars Celebrities & Lucasfilm Artists Schedule:
Daniel Logan (Young Boba Fett) May 20 - 22
John Goodson (Concept Model Maker)

Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) May 27 - 29
Rob Coleman (Animation Supervisor)

Warwick Davis (Wicket the Ewok) June 3 - 5
Don Bies (R2-D2 Operator)

Jerome Blake (Rune Haako) June 10 - 12
Brian Gernand (Model Supervisor)

It would also appear as though they have added 2 new events this year as well.

Two Distinct Zones - Explore the Empire or the Rebellion as you make your way into the Rebel Base or take the path to the Imperial Sector.

Hyperspace Hoopla - Gather with Star Wars characters for an entertaining conclusion to every Star Wars Weekend day of events.

iluvmybeast

yahooooo

AWESOME!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: I cant wait to go this year!!! im going to be there May 22nd... By any chance, do you know where they are going to set up the Empire and Rebel zones??
Thanks!!!
isabel

wdwdave09

Thanks for the post!

Other than Peter Mayhew and Daniel Logan, its kind of a disappointing list. My family will be there the June 4/5 weekend so my 7 yr old will get to meet Warwick Davis. Hopefully he won't be too disappointed. I'm just glad that I got to see David Prowse and Jake Lloyd when they were there in 1999. Too bad Anthony Daniels won't be there. And how come Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill never attend these anymore. I figured with the "last" Lucas episode they might be able to get some of the original actors.

Oh well, not to cry over spilled milk - it should be a fun time anyway.

Captain Hank

It'll be cool to be able to meet Warwick Davis and the R2-D2 operator. I was kinda hoping that Anthony Daniels would be there, but oh well.

Slipknot

I've always wanted to meet Warwick Davis and now I can. He'll be there for my birthday weekend!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That trip just got a whole lot better!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy:

t3techcom18

Wow...THAT'S a really short list for the big weekends! But, that doesn't surprise me...Either one or more times it's the celebrities themselves that don't want to go, but on this case, I suspecting because of the big premiere of Episode III that will cut in everyone's agenda...like Peter Mayhew, he's playing his character in Episode III, so I'm suspecting he's busy with that, as well as Frank Oz and Anthony Daniels as well. All in all, I think that's it's just that the Episode III is getting in the way of the Weekends, and the celebrities can't go because of agendas, but with the edition of two new things in place, it makes up for it....as long as they don't put up a age limit I'm fine.... :lookaroun :lol: :animwink:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Warwick Davis is by far one of the most interesting Star Wars personalities I have seen. He always has tons of funny stories and he come off as a very humble down to earth kind of guy. With the final Star Wars film coming out so close to Star Wars weekends it is not surprising that the guest list is a little lacking in actors. I can imagine that most of them will be pretty busy doing Star Wars related stuff all over the planet. I’m really glad to see a lot of the special effects guys on the list. They are really the ones that create most of the magic we see on the screen at they definitely deserve some face time.

MeTa

Last year when I was there I saw young vader and the bigger boba fett. I am not a super fan but I knew what they played in the flick.

diddy_mouse

hmm...the celebrity list can leave something to be desired, but with all of the Episode III stuff going on it's forgivable. i went for the Weekends last year and it was pretty cool. i like my picture of the Emperor and his guards :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
You are right. There was the rumor that there would be no Star Wars weekends due to Episode 3’s release. That was probably prompted from when the same thing happened before with Episode 2’s release. There was also the rumor floating around that weekends were going to change into weeks. The first rumor was probably just speculation on somebody’s part the second if it was true at all we can see why it did not happen when we look at the celebrity list.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom