Celebration/Independence?

David Roberts

Original Poster
Does anyone here actually live in either community. I'm in college now hoping to do the internship and eventually work full time for Disney. This is far off. But both these communities seem like a dream place to live and I was wondering if anyone could give feedback or advice.

David Roberts

Original Poster
Most Disney CMs can not afford to live in Celebration.

Well to be honest I love Disney but I would never make the move if I wasn't in a Mgmt. position or at least able to move up the ladder. Keep in mind I wouldn't be alone either, so I'd have other people to support my small Disney income.

From the lack of response though I take it not many if any on the boards actually live in either location.

David Roberts

Original Poster
I'm in Celebration and a hourly CM. What would you like to know?

Great!
Well to start...Is it as awesome as it looks cause honestly it looks like a dream.
Also without diving into your personal finances? Are the costs of living there as bad as people make it out to be?

TowerOfTerror

Both places as I know of have high HOA fees.

HOA fees are ridiculous in Celebration. I was going to move there until I realized how much they were especially for condos. Independence would be a cheaper option for you but it is in a pretty secluded area with long commutes to everywhere besides the disney parks.

David Roberts

Original Poster
Remember that this is at least 4-5 years away for me, but yes I've looked into Independence. It seems like a nice area and affordable. I'd have to actually see the town and how long a commute it is to other places than the parks. Hopefully on an upcoming trip we can get over to either Celebration or Independence, preferably both to check it out.

RWilliams

Premium Member
We looked into Independence. Initially it looks really nice, but the giant high tension wires running through the middle of it were a huge turnoff for us. Not only do they look ugly but I'm concerned about the negative health effects something like that could potentially have.

Take a look at Summerport, its just a stones throw down the road from Independence. It has a look very much like Celebration but a bit less expensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom