Celebration, Florida

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
yes, you can live in Celebration, FL... anyone can live in Celebration, FL...

and how far is it from WDW? Too close for comfort.. :lol:

depending on where in Celebration you're at, 5-15 minutes

nickan529

Celebration Rocks!!! It's as easy as that. It's the coolest neighborhood you could possibly live in. They have everything right there in the neighborhood. I visit everytime im in Orlando!1 It is about 5 minutes from the Disney Maingate. I wish I could live there!! If you haven't been before I suggest going next time. I've stayed in the Celebration hotel and it was a really great experience.

KevinPage

Celebration is as close as you can get to Disney. It was exactly 8 minutes from when I got in my car to hitting the entrance gates to the Magic Kingdom area (World Drive all the way). I was on the South side of town, so that shaved off 1-2 minutes from people on the North end :lol:

I have nothing but positive things to say about Celebration. We lived there for 1 1/2 years in an apartment and could see Epcot fireworks from our balcony every night. 4th of july we could see alot of fireworks and not have to deal with any of the crowds, and even Celebration does their own fireworks display which is impressive.

hitogoroshi

HAving lived there now for a couple of months, I can say, it is one of the most addicting places I have ever been!! The only donwside is, that everything is a long drive (shopping and gas). Depending on what end of Celebration you live, it can get on your nerves, having to drive through town everyday, cause you can only go 25 and there are cops everywhere as well as tons of stop-signs...

But at least your 5 minutes away from the MGM parkinglot!!

dommy

Having lived in the Uk for all my life visiting Celebration was very strange. It was a wonderfull place no graffiti, litter and so relaxing sitting in those rocking chairs by the lake. After going to the resturant oposite on the courner (sry forgot name) and so close to WDW i wish i could live there.

WDWScottieBoy

Celebration is the utopia that Walt wanted EPCOT to be. I love it there and wish I could move there right now, but I guess I have to wait the extra year until I do. Everyone knows everyone there, the schools are in contention to be the top in the nation (I'd say they are better than most private). There are only positive things I can say about living there. It is a rather expensive place to live in though, I'll admit to that although it IS worth it. I'm hoping I can get my parents to retire in Celebration.

TravisMT81

Though I love Celebration it isn't like everyone thinks it is. There school system has had a lot of issues from the start, and so many of the houses sit empty. Alot of the houses are second homes for people in the north. Though in the beginning they signed a contract saying they would not use the houses like that it has seemed to change now. I am not being negative because I still love Celebration but it isn't the utopia everyone thinks it is. They have the same problems and politics to deal with as any neighborhood.

Tim G

KevinPage said:
Celebration is as close as you can get to Disney. It was exactly 8 minutes from when I got in my car to hitting the entrance gates to the Magic Kingdom area (World Drive all the way). I was on the South side of town, so that shaved off 1-2 minutes from people on the North end :lol:

I have nothing but positive things to say about Celebration. We lived there for 1 1/2 years in an apartment and could see Epcot fireworks from our balcony every night. 4th of july we could see alot of fireworks and not have to deal with any of the crowds, and even Celebration does their own fireworks display which is impressive.
HUH!?!?! You moved?????? :confused:

I didn't know you moved...
Did you tell you were going to... :veryconfu

Must be getting old. :D

WDWKat26

TravisMT81 said:
Though I love Celebration it isn't like everyone thinks it is. There school system has had a lot of issues from the start, and so many of the houses sit empty. Alot of the houses are second homes for people in the north. Though in the beginning they signed a contract saying they would not use the houses like that it has seemed to change now. I am not being negative because I still love Celebration but it isn't the utopia everyone thinks it is. They have the same problems and politics to deal with as any neighborhood.

I agree. My sister has a Masters from NYU, and they didn't even give her the time of Day at Celebration Elementary. Plus, my sister and I were going to live there, but it turned out to be too expensive, and she decided to stay in NYC. Yes, it is close to the Magic. But, I live in Hunter's Creek and i'm only 10 minutes away :) Oh yeah did I mention it's REALLY expensive?

destinydisney

Hi I am moving to the Orlando Area in Dec of this yr. Celebration happens to be one place on my list.
I have heard rumors if someone complains about your pet you have to get rid of it?
Also some people have said the schools are not so great. I have 4 kids 2 in school 2nd grade and 6th. Can you tell me about the schools?
I would also like to know are the people friendly? I will be coming up in Oct to look at a few places.
There is a place in Lake Buena Vista called Alexandria or Alexan does anyone know anything about those places? Also is any one in construction? My husband has a job offer up there he is in new contruction plumbing ........... Thanks so much I am a bit worried but LOVE DISNEY/ ORLANDO. I wish I moved right to Orlando from CT instead I came to Port Saint Lucie.... Fixing this asap.... Thanks for all your help......... I am on aim lostindisney or under lovinlivindisney

Lovecraft

The average home price in Celebration is around $300,000 US and ranges between $170,000 - $3,000,000 depending upon its location in celebration and style/square footage. (The condos are what bring the average price down a bit in Celebration -- you would be extremely lucky to find a house for sale under $360,000 there and then it would be an average size 1800 - 2000 sq. ft. 3 bedroom 2 bath house -- if you want more square footage, a pool and a golf course view, you better be a millionaire).

For central Florida, the median home price is about $98,000 --- as you can see, you do pay handsomely if you wish to live in Celebration. Also for the price of a median home in Celebration, you could buy either a 5 or six acre horse ranch nearby, a medium sized orange grove with a comfortable house or a very nice executive home with 4000 sq feet and a nice pool in a good professional neighborhhod -- all within an hour's distance from Disney world.

DisneySaint

Nice info, Lovecraft. Thanks for posting.

If you could throw some of those same numbers out there for the Orlando area in general, that would help me get an idea of what to expect on my post-graduation move down there.

Lovecraft

I'm glad you found the info useful :)

For Orlando, here is what I found from the CNN Money pages:

The average home price in Orlando is $129,000 US

I don't have the median home price, but it is probably close to the central FL $ 98,000 median. Home prices, like those in other cities have a wide range depending upon the neighborhood -- it would be easy to find homes with values over $500,000 just as it would also be pretty easy to find homes with values under $100,000.

After scanning some builders sites, it seems that a nice orlando home in a good neighborhood will fetch between $150,000 to $200,000, while if you go just east or west of Orlando, the same home will be about 40k or 50k less.

I am not a real estate professional so please do some checking around with pros before you start looking for a house in Orlando.

Good luck to you, and I hope you find the perfect place at a comfortable price!

DisneySaint

Wow thanks again, so much good info. It's actually quite lower than I had anticipated, maybe we'll actually be able to put a down payment on a home instead of having to live out of an apartment.

Thanks so very much for those numbers, they help a lot!

WDWScottieBoy

I work in real estate in Northern IL and have some programs that might be able to get some information you've been looking for. If there is still anything else you would like information on let me know and I will try my best at getting it for you.

winterparkbaby

I looked into baldwin park, they are very misleading on their web page and info packets. I was looking at places they were saying started at 300k, they were attached townhouses, etc. Well when I actually started talking to a Rep from Baldwin Park the price was suddenly 489k. That just did not sit well with me. I have several friends that live in Baldwin and Celebration. They are very similar that they are planned developments with deed restriction. There are several neighborhoods in all the orlando burbs that offer this attention to detail. Baldwin has the city center as well. They are both nice areas. I am sure most people would enjoy living in each area. I believe that Baldwin Park is getting a new elem. school for their use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom