Celebration, FL

markymark

Yeah we went and had a drive down there a couple of time last year. There are some really beautiful properties down there, and the "town centre" is also really nice. There's a cinema, and I think a couple of coffee shops/restaurants. Plus some other shops, as well as a large lake at the centre. Like I said it appears to be perfect, but I think that you have to sign all sorts of contract agreements before you can live there, like decorating your house oncertain holidays etc.. I think this is right, but I'm sure I'll be corrected if not.

Maria

it is a very nice looking place indeed, but I have heard that it tis expensive and there are many rules to follow to be able to live there, like for instance, you have to submit to approval the color you want your house to be painted, you can´t be out at your front or back yards without wearing "proper attire" (shirts) etc. (Please someone correct me if I am wrong!)

When I was there, I had the impression that Celebration was a "ghost town"... it looked kinda dead for me... The hospital is elegant! hehe

Tramp

Yes...it's Mayberry USA....everything so nicely manicured and, oh how the people are so friendly....isn't it cute?

BUT....don't you dare try to put one of those silly pink pelicans on your front lawn or you'll be threatened with a lawsuit and evicted from the property....read all the clauses in those contracts...can't do anything until it's approved....
and stop peeking at your next door neighbor while she's sunbathing...it's against the rules! :)

Tramp

Is it really that strict. It sounds more like a police state than the perfect town.

The Pink Pelicans became a HUGE issue last year or so. It made national news. A guy had put several of those plastic pelicans on his lawn like you see all over Florida and the Association didn't like it and made him take them down or be faced with fines and/or eviction.
The guy was fighting it but I don't remember how it all turned out. Maybe someone who lives down there remembers the outcome.

Maria

no problem! I didn´t mean to correct you... I thought it was something else.

Those flamingos are sold at the Mexican Pavillion and people bought them like crazy! I don´t know why.....
Where I live, we have the biggest natural reserve of pink flamingos in America- and probably the world- (the "pinkest" ones!!) and I am used to see them protected and free. I would never put one in my front yard! Looks tacky for me.... sorry... ;)

JBloom1029

one of my old teachers lives there now and iv also been there once when it was just opening and it looked like it was a little boring but now with what i hear from the rest they may have built it up to be very exciting.

Tramp

Is it really that strict. It sounds more like a police state than the perfect town.

I was kinda exagerating about the strict rules. In reality, the rules are not unlike those of a Condominium Association. And strict rules, like fences, make good neighbors. You won't find abandoned cars, strewn garbage, and wild block parties in Celebration, Florida. Everyone knows the rules going in....so you can't complain later!

Nut4Disney

I thought it was very boring and very expensive. Don't get me wrong though, if I had the means to live there I would in a heartbeat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom